Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Please Help! Need advice asap. Serious set-back - need feedback

[Le...]

Dear Buddies,

After 2 years and 3 months of being benzo-free and getting to the point where I could somewhat live in my own skin, I made a terrible mistake.  There are a few remaining symptoms that I have that will not go away and have an effect on my life.  After reading a number of studies online about Branched Chain Amino Acids, I decided to try them just under 3 weeks ago.  I took the supplement one time, and I have been in a non-stop state of psychosis.  I cannot get through my days or my nights. I have not slept fully in almost 3 weeks. I am in a 24/7 living hell, and I do not know what to do.  Today, I made another trip to the emergency room out of fear that my life was in danger.  Of course, they sent me home and referred me to an neurologist.  I have an appointment next week, and I am terrified that my only option will be to go on an alternative medication, because I truly feel that what I have done is permanent and has changed my brain chemistry to the point of no return. 

Has anyone out there withdrawn from a benzo long-term and gone back on a medication years later (NOT a benzo)?  I need help - I need to know what my options are, if it has to come to that. Did anything WORK for you to stop your symptoms??

Your feedback is much appreciated, as it always has been.

Many thanks,

Leben

Other than insomnia, what other symptoms are you having? and what tests did the ER take? I know some people have an adverse reaction to B vitamins or other supplements while they're withdrawing but I'm not familiar with the supplements you mentioned.

The only way to describe it is that I am in a constant state of psychosis. I have adrenaline rushes, panic, "stuck" feelings in my muscles, twitches, you name it.  I can't stop moving - I constantly have to go for a walk or pace around my apartment, literally for hours on-end. I can't sleep and I have no appetite. 

I have horrific symptoms after ingesting B vitamins, etc., but they usually go away in a few hours or 24 hours at most - I can't believe that this has lasted almost 3 weeks. Branched chain amino acids are a protein naturally found in everything we eat - meat, eggs, grains, etc., and they sell them in supplement form. 

Any advice on alternative medications is greatly appreciated.