Bad upset yesterday

[or...]

[or...]

I needed to talk to someone that understands, so I am grateful this "board" is here for other topics.

Some of you might know I had to get a letter from my doctor to keep out Terminix spraying for pesticides. I did that as I have no roaches, never even seen an ant or spider in the 8 years I've lived here.  I was told yesterday by landlord that my letter did not stop them from coming in.

Just a little history, there is one, single apartment of a poor guy that moved in off the street, he was literally homeless.  He's found roaches in an apartment that had none with previous tenant.  So, landlord wanted every one of our 39 apts sprayed, and I am too sensitive to chemicals, and some of you will understand my fears.  My doctor certainly did and gave me a letter "requiring" no pesticide spraying in my apartment.  The gals in the office both told me to get the letter, and that all they needed to do was come into my apartment and look for any traces of roaches which I have never had a problem them coming into my apt.

But yesterday a.m. a small group of us were told our letters, and other types of requests would not be sufficient.

I'm so upset I've gotten heart-palpitations, and just can't seem to distract my mind.  I defended myself and reasons very well, I was surprised I could as I was shaking so bad with anger.  We are all seniors here by the way, and most won't stand up for themselves.  Sometimes I wish I could be like that.  Now I am looking for another place to live, desperately, but I fear there won't be anything fast enough.  The spraying was put off for 2 weeks. 

A lot of people may not understand my fears of pesticides but it isn't just that, it is the way we were treated by this landlord, like our health-concerns meant nothing to them.  To be up front, most here don't pay much attention to caring for their health at all.  Fight or flight?  I feel like flying away, anywhere but here now:cry:  I tried calling Legal Aid, which will be in today, but just like in the movies, seems everyone is related to this landlord.  I have not one complaint against me here, and no negative on my squeeky clean apartment, but I guess we'll see:rolleyes:

[Ad...]

So sorry to hear this. I understand, not that that is much help. It's horrible to be treated like that when you are already feeling vulnerable from the withdrawal SX, and take it from me, being an old lady has it's challenges beyond the benzo taper. I'm praying you find another place to live or that Legal Aid is able to help you.

• Like 1

[or...]

Thanks so much @[Ad...] it helps, just to get that notification someone has replied.  I know my "feelings" can be liars, especially now, but I think I'm so tough, and then see I'm just a marshmellow! Others that live here have been treated badly and I know they have no options but to stay here, oregonlady, Denise :hug:

[ma...]

I am so upset to hear that @[or...] . I should wish you had another cosy healthy place to move . You deserve to have a nice place to live :smitten:

[or...]

Thank you Margiflower, I am looking that's for sure, as I won't know anything for at least 2 weeks whether or not they will respect my Letter from MD about health concerns, my main being my taper off benzos (wd sxs), oregonlady, PS I'll keep up with this thread to let others know what happens.  I feel I am just being herded along with the rest of many people in the US like it was with Covid vaccines.

[re...]

No one has any respect for anything anymore it seems. Is it the initial spraying/bombing that is bothering you and you will have a reaction to it. Meaning could you possibly go somewhere else to stay while they are doing it like a family member or whatever? Until the fumes all settle and go away? 

And yes just on principle you are paying and paying to a landlord and for a property that has no respect for your boundaries or fears can be tough to keep living and paying for that disrespect. It's tough. That can work on your mind when you are already in a taper situation which is stressing you out enough. It is important to try and be away from stress.  

• Like 1

[Kr...]

Fumes may disappear but the actual poison takes a little longer to wear off surfaces. 

• Like 1

[re...]

Geez we are so sensitive after all of this dysregulation we have suffered at the hands of careless docs. :'(

[or...]

Wanted to update those that were so kind to reply here. 

I did get a call-back from Legal Aid, basically informed me there was no way to get out of it except negotiating another option, and that's even if a bug was found in my apartment.  Believe me, I'd know as I grew up in places that were infested and maybe that's why I'm so ocd about my homes being clean of bugs.  Been very fortunate not ever having the issue come up before in my adult life.

So my only option is to leave town, and my best friend in the world is so excited I'm coming up to my hometown and will stay with her a couple of days while they come in and check for bugs, and hopefully don't find anything. If they do, the maintenance guys will open my windows and it should be very aired out buy the time I get back.

You can't reason with unreasonable people and the gal in charge of this place, landlord, is a bully to many of the seniors that live here.  I can't deal with her again and won't, I'm looking while I'm up in Oregon for an alternative rental for myself.  Wish me luck as I've been so upset over this, my tremor got worse again after I felt so much healing.  I haven't updosed thought, toughing it out.

Traveling will be stressful, away from all my comfort zone, but my friend Reta is the best roomie I ever had, and still after all these years, has stayed my best friend, Denise:hug:PS Hoping the very best for everyone here that has given their time and support to me, couldn't do it without my friends here.

[or...]

I'm planning on enjoying it, I used to love to go places, but since I moved here, I started being more afraid because my pickup is getting old.  I have kept it up though, and have a wonderful Mechanics shop here.  A whole crew, home-town folks I trust.  No one believes it's a '96, it looks newer, old ladies vehicle you know, LOL!

This could be a real blessing that gets me out of here and on the road to a friends.  She lives in the country and her husband is so nice, and fun to be around too!  Now I can hardly wait but today I am starting to do a good Spring cleaning, and have to follow the paper instructions to prepare in case they decide to spray.  I've decided to accept this, since the laws are for the bullies, and make the best of a bad situation ;) Denise

• Like 1

[An...]
On 09/04/2024 at 09:52, [[o...] said:

I needed to talk to someone that understands, so I am grateful this "board" is here for other topics.

Some of you might know I had to get a letter from my doctor to keep out Terminix spraying for pesticides. I did that as I have no roaches, never even seen an ant or spider in the 8 years I've lived here.  I was told yesterday by landlord that my letter did not stop them from coming in.

Just a little history, there is one, single apartment of a poor guy that moved in off the street, he was literally homeless.  He's found roaches in an apartment that had none with previous tenant.  So, landlord wanted every one of our 39 apts sprayed, and I am too sensitive to chemicals, and some of you will understand my fears.  My doctor certainly did and gave me a letter "requiring" no pesticide spraying in my apartment.  The gals in the office both told me to get the letter, and that all they needed to do was come into my apartment and look for any traces of roaches which I have never had a problem them coming into my apt.

But yesterday a.m. a small group of us were told our letters, and other types of requests would not be sufficient.

I'm so upset I've gotten heart-palpitations, and just can't seem to distract my mind.  I defended myself and reasons very well, I was surprised I could as I was shaking so bad with anger.  We are all seniors here by the way, and most won't stand up for themselves.  Sometimes I wish I could be like that.  Now I am looking for another place to live, desperately, but I fear there won't be anything fast enough.  The spraying was put off for 2 weeks. 

A lot of people may not understand my fears of pesticides but it isn't just that, it is the way we were treated by this landlord, like our health-concerns meant nothing to them.  To be up front, most here don't pay much attention to caring for their health at all.  Fight or flight?  I feel like flying away, anywhere but here now:cry:  I tried calling Legal Aid, which will be in today, but just like in the movies, seems everyone is related to this landlord.  I have not one complaint against me here, and no negative on my squeeky clean apartment, but I guess we'll see:rolleyes:

I am so sorry to hear about your dilemma @[or...]. I take it you have had a really bad reaction to pesticides in the past?

[or...]
1 minute ago, [[A...] said:

I am so sorry to hear about your dilemma @[or...]. I take it you have had a really bad reaction to pesticides in the past?

No actually the benzos are enough for me and it never want any more chemicals in my body or on my body I've also read quite a bit in the last couple of days on terminix chemicals they were sued once in 2016 and now supposedly their stuff is safe but if it's so safe how does it kill cockroaches anything that kills bugs is toxic if you ask me plus the article said that it's toxic would they use today as well thanks for asking and you're kind remark as well

[Ad...]

Denise, it sounds like you've come to terms with the situation, and maybe it's all meant to be, i.e. you'll find a place you'll like living more. And in the meantime you'll be spending time with your bestie. My tremor always gets much worse when I'm stressed too. But I bet when this situation is resolved, the tremor will let up again.

Hugs to you and enjoy your trip!

• Like 1

[or...]

it's let up a lot @[Ad...], I didn't feel I was going to be doing better each day and really relax on my own and accept this whole thing, but after I learned I could not reason with the landlord, or find any law that would literally protect me, I'm accepting it.

I think it is forcing me to get the heck out of here to at least try a road-trip.  I realize I've lost a lot of confidence in both myself, and my truck holding up.  My truck is in way better shape than I am though, brand new parts, new tires, and a full check-up before I hit the road will be scheduled at my mechanics.

Best part about my besties place in the country is it's so laid-back, no expectation put on anyone at all.  They just eat when they want, things like that!  I love it there, great place to take walks too, can't wait to be there, oregonlady :hug:your words were so encouraging :balloon:

[or...]

and another thing!! :2funny: I am going to hold the dose I've been on since March 31 ;)  so I should be in that "steady state" while I'm up and my best friend's for a visit, yeehaw!  That will mean holding about 3 weeks instead of 2, but be way nice not to worry about any extra wd sxs ;) hugs to all, and encouragement, we can do this, oregonlady :hug:

[An...]
16 hours ago, [[o...] said:

I've also read quite a bit in the last couple of days on terminix chemicals they were sued once in 2016 and now supposedly their stuff is safe but if it's so safe how does it kill cockroaches anything that kills bugs is toxic if you ask me 

True and an excellent point!

• Like 1

[Ad...]

I do the same thing—hold the dose if I’m going through stressful times or if we have company visiting or if I go on vacation. It’s nice not to worry about wd sx from a dose reduction at those times. Which is what you just said. I’m just seconding that.:idiot:

• Like 1

[or...]

I don't know what that h1 means but when i click reply I get it so whatever.

I haven't traveled since I started tapering, but I've heard of a few wanting to taper and then travel.  That's the worst thing I could do with even a my teenie tapers.  Won't take the chance, gonna be too great getting out into the country, up one of Oregon's most beautiful rivers.  I will take some pics :)

[Ad...]

I’ve visited Oregon and Washington several times and felt like I never wanted to leave. We camped on the Olympic Peninsula, up in the Cascades,  and on the Columbia River and drove all along it. I love how both states kind of have everything—ocean,  rainforest, mountains, high desert. And those wonderful trees! 

• Like 1