Four months off temazepam starting HBOT

[Jo...]

Update from me. I always look back from when this all started back in September for me when the Drs made my brain into a soup of over prescribing me various meds. Four months now off of temazepam and I’m not out of the woods but I feel more stable but also like feeling when is it going to get worse. I sleep now with hydroxyzine and dayvigo. The original doses for those were 10mg dayvigo and 150 hydroxyzine. I have tapered dayvigo down to 3.7mg and hydroxyzine down to 25mg. I am thinking of switching to liquid hydroxyzine (alcohol free) to taper it more effectively. I don’t think the meds are really helping me sleep that much (honestly how much is 25mg really doing). I have been taking NAD+ nasal spray for about a month and I don’t know if it’s one of the reasons why I have been able to taper like I have but none the less I am wear I am at. I have been working with Peter Smith too who has been mentioned on here in the past. He has me on a high polyphenol diet and natural supplements to help boost Neuroplasicity. I have good days and bad days but it could be a lot worse. I’m always tired but that’s to be expected. I’m hoping to be in a better place this summer. I will update y’all about my HBOT treatment I start next week. Oxygen is good for the body and decreases inflammation and increase Neuroplasicity which is what we need to heal. Keep fighting buddies we will win this war one day. We will get our lives back and be better for it. 

[Bu...]

Hey @[Jo...],

I am so happy to hear that you are seeing some improvements!  Congratulations! 

I definitely sympathize with the wondering about if/when it will get worse.  I try to remember that since I have improved significantly, it stands to reason that even when I have harder times, it will get better again.

I am very curious to hear how the HBOT works for you.  Please let us know.

[Jo...]
14 hours ago, [[B...] said:

Hey @[Jo...],

I definitely sympathize with the wondering about if/when it will get worse.  I try to remember that since I have improved significantly, it stands to reason that even when I have harder times, it will get better again.

I am having a bad day today because I didnt sleep last night due to being out late socializing with friends. My body is on a window when it wants to go to sleep. I am pretty sure I have trained it to be in bed/sleeping by 1000-1130. If i go past this window I will have a hard time going to sleep even with taking the meds. As I have said before I dont think these meds really help but im nerveous to go days and days again without any sleep like I have done when going through this whole mess in the begining and during the taper/acute phase of temazepam. Also getting off the gabapentin too. I get scared I dont have the strength to make it through the hell. Im hoping i am not hindering my recovery by being on hydoxyzine and dayvigo. They dont hit gaba receptors and I am on the lowest dose for both or less than the lowest dose. Im trying not to have crazy acute withdrawals from either one. I need to be able to work and keep my relationship a float. Im hoping HBOT and possibly NAD+ IV therapy helps me get off of these horrible drugs and get me back to more of my normal self.

[Jo...]
On 06/04/2024 at 23:58, [[B...] said:

Hey @[Jo...],

I have done two sessions so far and will be doing another tomorrow. I don’t know if it was the HBOT therapy from yesterday but I got some restorative sleep last night and I feel NORMAL today! Hoping this keeps up

[Bu...]

@[Jo...],  that's great news!  I'm so happy for you!  It will be interesting to see how your good days line up with the HBOT going forward.

• 2 weeks later...
[Jo...]
On 09/04/2024 at 18:43, [[B...] said:

@[Jo...],  that's great news!  I'm so happy for you!  It will be interesting to see how your good days line up with the HBOT going forward.

A little update. So far I have been med free for two days and I slept about five hours last night. I started doing NAD+IV 750mg treatment on Sunday. I have one more day since I bought a four pack. It is very expensive and I may also do another five days or so to help my body recover. I have been doing this while also doing HBOT and I feel pretty positive so far. Hopefully, this keeps up. 

• Like 1

[Bu...]

Hey @[Jo...],

Glad to hear things are still going well.   And congrats on the sleep!  Always a wonderful thing.  I'll be hoping and praying that this continues.

@[Jo...], thanks for the updating. The NAD+IV 750 mg treatment seems to be working for you. It's good!)

My congratulations on being off your routine med and yet sleeping :classic_smile:

Edited by [...]