Iron Infusion anyone?

[Wa...]

[Wa...]

It's been so long since I have been on here that the whole forum has changed so I don't know if I am even posting this in the right place. 

I am 5 years off and due to a giardia infection almost two years ago, my gut is screwed up. I have undigested food and dysbiosis, candida, and problems with absorption. I treated the giardia naturally but still not sure if gone but I am severely anemic and no amount of eating more beef and iron rich foods has fixed it. They are recommending iron infusions but I am terrified. I react to EVERYTHING. I can't even take more than 1/2 beef liver supplement because the B12 is too much for my system. Any help please?

• 2 weeks later...
[An...]
On 03/04/2024 at 04:14, [[W...] said:

It's been so long since I have been on here that the whole forum has changed so I don't know if I am even posting this in the right place. 

I am 5 years off and due to a giardia infection almost two years ago, my gut is screwed up. I have undigested food and dysbiosis, candida, and problems with absorption. I treated the giardia naturally but still not sure if gone but I am severely anemic and no amount of eating more beef and iron rich foods has fixed it. They are recommending iron infusions but I am terrified. I react to EVERYTHING. I can't even take more than 1/2 beef liver supplement because the B12 is too much for my system. Any help please?

I’m having the same issue did you end up getting the infusion? 

[Wa...]

I am getting scheduled now.

They will be using Venofer which looks like iron sucrose so hopefully that is safe enough. I have been anemic for too long now and the oral stuff just isn't cutting it. Scared to death. 

Keep me posted on your situation.