13 Years Later...

[CJ...]

[CJ...]

Hello. I used this forum a long time ago while withdrawing from klonopin.

Since then many other things have gone awry and I had to have other recoveries.

Now I'm solidly clean and sober over 7 years.

I've attained a decent amount of professional success although there was a time when it seemed like I just forgot everything as soon as it happened.

I'm still struggling with remembering certain things like the plot of a book I read not too long ago. However, I plow through books so maybe that isn't so weird.

I seem to have a good working memory at work just not so unusual lapses here and there. I mean, it's a high pressure job with lots of duties and I'm managing so I suppose I'm basically good now.

I got a master's degree and attained higher status professional success since getting off benzos and my recovery from klonopin was definitely about the worst ordeal ever for me although I've had others that were also awful.

Basically, never ever give up is my credo.

• Like 4
  • Love 4
  • Haha 1

[de...]

Thanks so much for coming back and sharing your success story.   Congrats on all your academic and professional accomplishments.   I know there will be lots of members of this forum that will be encouraged by your story!   

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[Bl...]

Stories like yours keep people going . 
And remembering names , and past books I’ve read apart from standout ones has always been a problem for me before Benzo use . 
You have and you are doing great 😊 

• Like 1

[CJ...]
20 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

Stories like yours keep people going . 
And remembering names , and past books I’ve read apart from standout ones has always been a problem for me before Benzo use . 
You have and you are doing great 😊 

Yes, I think I'm still hypersensitive about my memory. It may be basically normal now. I seem to manage to remember tons of employee names and rules and regulations. So I probably worry too much which was partially why I ended up on benzos in the first place.

• Like 1

[Ga...]

Congratulations on your success in recovering from your benzo injury!!!!  We need to read posts like yours to reassure those coming behind you that healing is more than just possible.

Now, go and live your life in happiness and good health!!!

GG

• Like 1

[Bl...]
22 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Yes, I think I'm still hypersensitive about my memory. It may be basically normal now. I seem to manage to remember tons of employee names and rules and regulations. So I probably worry too much which was partially why I ended up on benzos in the first place.

In a nutshell . Life’s one big lesson and wouldn’t it be so much easier to run it In retrospect 🤔

Never be hard on yourself because there are too many Cu next Tuesdays in line to be hard on you !!! 

Onwards and upwards 👆 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, [[C...] said:

Hello. I used this forum a long time ago while withdrawing from klonopin.

Since then many other things have gone awry and I had to have other recoveries.

Now I'm solidly clean and sober over 7 years.

I've attained a decent amount of professional success although there was a time when it seemed like I just forgot everything as soon as it happened.

I'm still struggling with remembering certain things like the plot of a book I read not too long ago. However, I plow through books so maybe that isn't so weird.

I seem to have a good working memory at work just not so unusual lapses here and there. I mean, it's a high pressure job with lots of duties and I'm managing so I suppose I'm basically good now.

I got a master's degree and attained higher status professional success since getting off benzos and my recovery from klonopin was definitely about the worst ordeal ever for me although I've had others that were also awful.

Basically, never ever give up is my credo.

Hi, CJXV2010, glad to hear about your recovery!

Aside from the dizziness that I have, I find the mind fog the lasting symptom so far, remembering is not as easy as it used to be, I read a lot too, and its not so easy right now...

Thank you for sharing

• Like 1

[La...]

Awesome story of success! Congratulations! Thank you for coming back to let BBS know. It is much needed. 

• Like 1

[Br...]

Thank you @[CJ...] for the gift of your inspiring story.  I lived on success stories like yours when I was hurting badly in withdrawal.

• Like 1

[CJ...]
11 hours ago, [[A...] said:

How long did it take to heal?

It took a long time. Only meditation seemed to give me any respite.

[Ab...]
12 hours ago, [[C...] said:

It took a long time. Only meditation seemed to give me any respite.

Will you mind telling me how long?

[CJ...]
12 hours ago, [[A...] said:

Will you mind telling me how long?

It took a good 18 months to start feeling fully normal. 

[Sa...]

@[CJ...] Thanks for sharing. I will be 17 months off by he end of this month.

Did you see a lot of improvements in the 18th month, or was it a gradual change all the way through?

[CJ...]

By the 18th month or so it felt like I was over the worst of it. Then I'd have spaces where I felt pretty normal a lot but I still had situations that were difficult. Not too much later, I actually found myself more courageous than before the benzos and conquered public speaking, for instance. Now I'm a great public speaker lol.