Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Who has had improved tinnitus? We need a positive master thread

[Th...]

Hows everyone's T doing these days?

I am approaching 7 months benzo free, the ringing continues. I had high hopes I would be getting closer to ending this ringing madness but I am beginning to believe permanent damage has been done. I am learning to tune it out if I am really involved in something and unless I stop and think about it, I don't notice it as much. But its still loud and annoying if I give it my attention. 

This said, the other post withdrawal symptoms have improved greatly,  I am thinking more clearly, I am regaining my energy and ambition, body aches have disappeared along with all the other strange body sensations and hallucinations. Depression and anxiety is annoying but tolerable. Now if I could just get rid of this brutal sound in my left ear! 😵‍💫

[jo...]

My t's up and down. I find when other symptoms are raging it's worse. It's nowhere near my worst symptom though. That would be depression and anxiety. And the whole sleep cotisol debacle. Have your mental symptoms improved a lot at 7? I'm 5 off.

• Like 1

[Th...]
Just now, [[j...] said:

My t's up and down. I find when other symptoms are raging it's worse. It's nowhere near my worst symptom though. That would be depression and anxiety. And the whole sleep cotisol debacle. Have your mental symptoms improved a lot at 7? I'm 5 off.

Congrats on 5 months clean! 

At 6 months I noticed a larger improvement in body and cognitive function than at any other month. Now at nearly 7 months, I feel like my ability to think quicker, process and comprehend is improving faster all the time. Before this I was sure I had brain damage or senility was setting in and I must be doomed! 🤣 So hopefully in your 6th and 7th month you start to see more improvement overall.

Are you having sleep issues? I had HORRIBLE issues with sleep on Benzos, half the reason I used Xanax because I couldn't sleep! I was terrified getting off Xanax thinking I was in for months of no sleep. However I guess I have been spared on this account, I sleep fairly well. 

• Like 2

[jo...]

Glad to here your doing so well! Have you slept well the whole time?

• Like 1

[Th...]
Just now, [[j...] said:

Glad to here your doing so well! Have you slept well the whole time?

The first 2 weeks if acute withdrawal after my last dose was horrific, restless legs, sweating, heart palpitations, pain, flashing lights, hallucinations,etc... sleeping was brutal! By the 4th week and all that past, I then started sleeping fairly deep, I was having dreams for the first time in a decade! Now I sleep pretty deeply, usually. 

[Th...]
1 minute ago, [[j...] said:

Wow thats rare(y)

I think the only reason I sleep deeply is because I am totally exhausted. 🤣

[jo...]

Trust me, I'm exausted and I don't sleep well. Good for you though, long may it continue!

• Love 1

[Th...]
Just now, [[j...] said:

Trust me, I'm exausted and I don't sleep well. Good for you though, long may it continue!

I wish I had some sleep secrets I could share with you so you could sleep too. :hug:

• Love 1

[Si...]

longest I had tinnitus in w/d was 6months straight. its gone now. 
just very rarely occasionally it comes up like normal. its been 2 years already.

• Like 1

[Le...]
13 hours ago, [[T...] said:

Hows everyone's T doing these days?

I am approaching 7 months benzo free, the ringing continues. I had high hopes I would be getting closer to ending this ringing madness but I am beginning to believe permanent damage has been done. I am learning to tune it out if I am really involved in something and unless I stop and think about it, I don't notice it as much. But its still loud and annoying if I give it my attention. 

This said, the other post withdrawal symptoms have improved greatly,  I am thinking more clearly, I am regaining my energy and ambition, body aches have disappeared along with all the other strange body sensations and hallucinations. Depression and anxiety is annoying but tolerable. Now if I could just get rid of this brutal sound in my left ear! 😵‍💫

i had the loud left ear too. was from muscle tension. now just mild T in both. bothers me only a little. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
[Kh...]

same same...learning to cope.  recently experiencing ear pressure issues again (in one ear) after a few months of feeling more *normal*.   tinnitus also louder in that ear right now.  odd.  5 months off.  Used zolpidem 2-3 times wondering if it has caused the ear pressure issue?  ugh....generally feeing better.  am able to smile again and have a little fun here and there while certainly not 100%.  wonder if we ever really get back to true north

• Like 2

[Le...]
5 hours ago, [[K...] said:

same same...learning to cope.  recently experiencing ear pressure issues again (in one ear) after a few months of feeling more *normal*.   tinnitus also louder in that ear right now.  odd.  5 months off.  Used zolpidem 2-3 times wondering if it has caused the ear pressure issue?  ugh....generally feeing better.  am able to smile again and have a little fun here and there while certainly not 100%.  wonder if we ever really get back to true north

try to find what is causing the inflammation and creating the tinnitus. it is often secondary like mine. the strange one sided tension was giving me T. overwhelming in one side. I can almost completely keep it away now. 

Could even not directly be WD related. Going through something as horrifying as this stuff could be causing the tension. Worry about if you will heal. etc etc. anxiety causes inflammation and tension. 

• Like 1

[Th...]
On 09/07/2024 at 07:48, [[L...] said:

try to find what is causing the inflammation and creating the tinnitus. it is often secondary like mine. the strange one sided tension was giving me T. overwhelming in one side. I can almost completely keep it away now. 

Could even not directly be WD related. Going through something as horrifying as this stuff could be causing the tension. Worry about if you will heal. etc etc. anxiety causes inflammation and tension. 

I've got one sided pressure too, the left ear. Also where nearly all of the ringing is coming from. All which started late in my taper. The pressure has subsided a bit over the months, (7) but its still there all the time. I have to believe that because its not as bad as it was during acute withdrawals, that eventually it will fade off all together along with the ringing. This ear stuff is brutal! 

[Le...]
24 minutes ago, [[T...] said:

I've got one sided pressure too, the left ear. Also where nearly all of the ringing is coming from. All which started late in my taper. The pressure has subsided a bit over the months, (7) but its still there all the time. I have to believe that because its not as bad as it was during acute withdrawals, that eventually it will fade off all together along with the ringing. This ear stuff is brutal! 

i was very surprised to learn mine was from muscles ceased up so long and shortened etc etc. jaw affected. my chiropractor was not surprised. 

• Like 1

[Th...]
3 hours ago, [[L...] said:

i was very surprised to learn mine was from muscles ceased up so long and shortened etc etc. jaw affected. my chiropractor was not surprised. 

I thought maybe mine was tight muscles too, possiblely in my neck. I regularly go to my chiropractor and adjustments don't seem effect the pressure in my left ear. Benzos are known to be ototoxic to the inner ear, I am hoping time is all that is needed.

• Like 1