Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Open Group  ·  447 members  ·  Rules

Long Haulers

White matter disease

[Ma...]

[mr...]

My Mri came back normal but my problems and symptoms still here

i had to take a 10mg diazepam to even do the MRI i had a panic attack my first time inside it, its really loud and tiny inside, i didnt know i had claustrophobia which is something new since benzo damage.

other than that

2 years clean here or almost 2 years  since even doing a benzo

[Ga...]

Hi Mary, I know that on my MRI’s (several over 4 years) a smattering of white matter was reported, but nothing of any significance per my doctors.  I am 76 and my neurologist said that for a lady of my advanced years, my brain is healthy.  I have never heard of white matter disease?  How common is it and is it related to a particular age group?

Hugs,

GG

[Ma...]
Posted (edited)

I believe it’s quite common but for people in their 70’s & 80’s. I’m in my 50’s.

The symptoms include trouble learning, difficulty with problem solving, memory et al and is a precursor of dementia.

I simply can’t believe it. I’ve been fairly hysterical to say the least.

My processing speed is also so slow I barely understand a lot of communication, feel like I’m going to stroke out. It’s never ending.

No cure, just try to manage symptoms for which I handle nada. Per instructions, once again I am like a sheep to slaughter, I took 100 mg of DHA. My entire system has blown up. Every cell is vibrating…

Thank you for your replies.

Edited by [Ma...]