Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Open Group  ·  447 members  ·  Rules

Long Haulers

Speaking Out

[mo...]

[mo...]

I sent this comment to the New York Times today that had an article about addiction:

"There are those (like me) who have innocently become "addicted" to meds "prescribed" by seemingly reckless "subject matter experts" regarding benzodiazepines. I was foolish enough to trust one as he gave me script after script for these dangerous drugs for decades. My nervous system is still trying to recover from the damage done to the Gaba receptors in my brain. Never did I once enjoy "taking drugs to get me high". Although some prescribers are more cautious now but I just need to speak up for the many who are still struggling with this. Maybe someday more attention will be paid to those like me who seem to be just an annoyance to the medical profession. This hasn't killed me yet but at times - it has come close."

[Pa...]
2 hours ago, [[m...] said:

I sent this comment to the New York Times today that had an article about addiction:

"There are those (like me) who have innocently become "addicted" to meds "prescribed" by seemingly reckless "subject matter experts" regarding benzodiazepines. I was foolish enough to trust one as he gave me script after script for these dangerous drugs for decades. My nervous system is still trying to recover from the damage done to the Gaba receptors in my brain. Never did I once enjoy "taking drugs to get me high". Although some prescribers are more cautious now but I just need to speak up for the many who are still struggling with this. Maybe someday more attention will be paid to those like me who seem to be just an annoyance to the medical profession. This hasn't killed me yet but at times - it has come close."

Thank you for sharing this, more needs to be done to recognize the damage.