Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Starting Ashton Method - Schedule 5 - 1 mg klonopin with Valium substitution

[Ca...]

@[Ch...] @[Kh...]

Thanks for the quick responses! And congrats for being off for quite some time! Definitely gives me hope…

Yeah I think I’m going to just hold at 18 mg and fight through any withdrawals until I stabilize, then next cut will be down to 17 mg ~ 5%

I thought a 10% cut would be ok to start with but now I know need to go very very slow. Keep pushing forward to zero while letting my body and symptoms guide me.

And I have been considering just taking one dose in the morning or at night. A lot of this will be trial and error but staying optimistic! 

[Kh...]
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

@[Ch...] @[Kh...]

Thanks for the quick responses! And congrats for being off for quite some time! Definitely gives me hope…

Yeah I think I’m going to just hold at 18 mg and fight through any withdrawals until I stabilize, then next cut will be down to 17 mg ~ 5%

I thought a 10% cut would be ok to start with but now I know need to go very very slow. Keep pushing forward to zero while letting my body and symptoms guide me.

And I have been considering just taking one dose in the morning or at night. A lot of this will be trial and error but staying optimistic! 

My preference was a  night time dose to aid sleeping and also to not be as sedated during day.  But it was a personal preference only

Edited by [Kh...]

[Ch...]
1 hour ago, [[C...] said:

And I have been considering just taking one dose in the morning or at night.

"My current schedule is 7 mg at 6am, 7 mg at noon, and 4 mg at 6pm."

As per Ashton, continue to taper from one dose at a time until you've eliminated it, and then repeat the process on another dose. For example, continue cutting from your 6pm dose until it's at 0mg, then start cutting from the 6AM dose until it's at 0mg. You'll then be left with just the once daily dose. With Valium's long half-life and the steady and slow elimination of doses, this should serve you well. Keep us updated!

• Like 1