Two years off lorazepam

[tw...]

[tw...]

I just wanted to post in case this encourages anyone.

I've been totally off lorazepam for two years after a very slow 4-year taper. No cravings.

When I first was totally, off I had some rough months. A lot of twitching, I think. But it eventually stopped.

Edited by [tw...]
adding something
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

[Wa...]
On 03/03/2024 at 22:39, [[t...] said:

I've been totally off lorazepam for two years after a very slow 4-year taper. No cravings.

When I first was totally, off I had some rough months. A lot of twitching, I think. But it eventually stopped.

On 03/03/2024 at 22:39, [[t...] said:

Thank you so much for posting this - I’m 15 months off, so that is very encouraging….

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
[mo...]

Although I’m sure your process was more difficult than stated, it’s so encouraging to read a post that doesn’t include a horror story. I’m just starting my taper after 4 years of Xanax use and I’m terrified. Congratulations to you!

Edited by [mo...]

[op...]
On 03/03/2024 at 14:39, [[t...] said:

Twitch - I remember we used to be buds here. I’m so glad you’re doing better. I’ve been off one year and almost off the mirtazapine now. What a journey! Good to see your name and hear you are ok! 

On 03/03/2024 at 16:39, [[t...] said:

How did you taper? The 5-10% every 2 weeks?

[tw...]

I did it really slowly over 4 years. I'd stay at a level for a couple of weeks, then do a step down to the next lower alternating between the higher and lower every day. After a couple of weeks there, I'd do the same process again.