Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Open Group  ·  447 members  ·  Rules

Long Haulers

has anyone had ear pressure?

[bw...]

Hi group. Has anyone ever had ear pressure before (please be honest).

Its very concerning. It feels like im deep underwater and both my ears are full of PRESSURE. I keep popping them but it keeps rebuilding pressure. Its just crazy!!! Ive had this for 12months now. Since my setback. It scares the shit out of me. Hopefully I wont stroke out or something serious.

Doctor cant see anything in my ears. Has referred me to a ENT.

But is it a waste of money? It started with all my other acute symptoms but hasnt left.

Early on I had hyperacusis and would often times perceive that as pressure in my ears (in addition to everything being way too loud). But that passed in the first year I think. Two tops.

This is more like extreme pressure building up in my ears. Everytime i move my jaw they click and pop. Then quickly within seconds build up pressure again. Can be painful at times. Its driving me nuts.

13 hours ago, [[b...] said:

This is more like extreme pressure building up in my ears. Everytime i move my jaw they click and pop. Then quickly within seconds build up pressure again. Can be painful at times. Its driving me nuts.

If you are getting them to pop and release and it returns, then I probably would see that ENT doctor. Maybe you've got a sinus problem or some other issue equalizing pressure. Not everything is benzo related. Or even if it is, maybe there is something that can be done about it.

Yes, my left ear feels full all the time, not like hearing loss, just a full feeling like its water logged. Ive also been dealing with Tinnitus and hyperacusis, although the Hyperacusis is starting to ever so slowly fade. There were times it felt like I had an ear infection, thankfully its no longer painful. 

[Ti...]

Have any of you had a punctured eardrum in the past, like from a virus or scuba diving? Lots of ear infections as a child? Sinus problems? 

From what I can tell, we get in such an inflammatory state from the stress and chaos of our nervous systems that any and all (plus some) underlying vulnerabilities surface. 

Just like all other symptoms that arise and eventually calm, this one probably will too. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
[Wi...]

I get this when head pressure hits. Sometimes it’s in my face or back of head but sometimes it’s in my ears. They feel pressurized and wet. 

[ai...]

Yeah I had that for 2 years it was a nightmare. Fortunately one ear got improved at 2 years mark. The other one took 6 more months. But it went away. 

• Like 1

[Sc...]

I have tinnitus on and off from benzo and SSRI brain damage. Alternates both years daily . No pressure, only at times but resolves quick.

[wi...]
On 01/03/2024 at 02:42, [[T...] said:

From what I can tell, we get in such an inflammatory state from the stress and chaos of our nervous systems that any and all (plus some) underlying vulnerabilities surface. 

I absolutely agree. Mental/emotional/physical all included