Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Open Group  ·  447 members  ·  Rules

Long Haulers

Anyone had Auditory Hallucinations?

[Oc...]

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately i’m coming up to a month is this setback and my ‘ear worm’ (looping songs) -has turned into auditory hallucinations like repetition of words or statements but where it gets weird is it has this mocking tone. Super distressing! 

I had awful looping irrational mentals in acute that almost broke me, I’m heartbroken to be back here especially when there is no discernible reason. No meds, no medical procedures, no alcohol, no supplements, nothing but lots of driving, exercising and gardening. 

Sincerely appreciate some feedback so as to normalise my terror. 🥺🥺

Hello, yes, I had them on two occasions, only in one ear, the left.It sounded like a thunderous scream, it happened to me when one night I didn't take the pill.I didn't know that they shouldn't stop suddenly, the doctor didn't warn me.It didn't happen to me again.I came across the Asthon manual and realized it was abstinence And it had to go down gradually.Cheer up. I hope you get better soon!!

• Like 1

I'm not sure if this is the same.... but I had looping phrases and numbers (counting) and song lyrics for several months post jump... over and over.   It was maddening.....  I would wake with song lyrics reapeating..... I made it into a game wondering if the lyrics had some kind of message for me.   I'm not sure about the mocking tone, tho.

It happened lots the first year.....It still happens once in awhile at 27 months out, if I'm in a wave.    But it's much much less now.  Am I right that you are one month post jump?

• Like 1

Distressing I have no doubt, so sorry. I did have it when I tried to jump from 6 mg /day Klonopin, CT. Was so weird, like a constant humming tone at a certain pitch. Everything sounded like monster - cars on the freeway (close to my house) and the neighbor's power tools. I lasted 3 weeks, couldn't take it anymore, had to reinstate. I thought OMG, how do ppl do this? My Dr was furious with me etc. Was another year before I quit 30 day rapid-detox.

• Like 1

janiceh- yes this is exactly what I’m experiencing. It started with looping songs, then words and phrases and now it’s morphed in to this hard to explain stuff. I spoke with Baylissa last night just to confirm i wasn’t developing schizophrenia. She reassured me that this can happen in a setback.
had intense irrational mentals a few years back that almost drove me to the brink so you can imagine how terrified I am to be back here. I am 9.5 years off 🥺and before anyone asks, no I didn’t touch meds, alcohol, supplements, or have a medical procedure, the only thing i can put this down to is an inordinate amount of stress and I did a cross country drive that took days. I think i destabilised my cns. 

Stress and a cross country drive.... sounds about right to me....  I'm early days at 27 months post jump, but altho I'm better.... stronger in some ways, my reaction to stress can take me into what is like acute withdrawal.  I'm wondering if my CNS might always be fragile...

It's a really big call up for me to keep things safe... or at least try.  But sometimes life can just come at me in surprising shocking ways no matter how hard I try.

Big hugs 

[fe...]

Just wanted to chime in and say that I've had auditory hallucinations come and go as well. They're not common, maybe only occurring once every few days when I'm in a wave.  Gunshots, cymbals crashing, that sort of thing. Its always at night though, while I'm sleeping, and if it wakes me up I can always tell it's fake. Something about it in my brain informs me not to get too worked up over it. It eventually goes away, always.

[Ca...]
On 28/02/2024 at 05:12, [[O...] said:

janiceh- yes this is exactly what I’m experiencing. It started with looping songs, then words and phrases and now it’s morphed in to this hard to explain stuff. I spoke with Baylissa last night just to confirm i wasn’t developing schizophrenia. She reassured me that this can happen in a setback.
had intense irrational mentals a few years back that almost drove me to the brink so you can imagine how terrified I am to be back here. I am 9.5 years off 🥺and before anyone asks, no I didn’t touch meds, alcohol, supplements, or have a medical procedure, the only thing i can put this down to is an inordinate amount of stress and I did a cross country drive that took days. I think i destabilised my cns. 

Yes, stress! I believe it, it's really something to avoid if possible. How awful to have such terrible setbacks after 9+ yrs off. It's so not fair. Doesn't take much to stress me out, I'm like fragile eggshells and I gotta keep it cool and quiet. But I need to get out once in a while just so I don't turn to stone, not that I'd notice anything. 

• Love 1