Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Electricity throughout my body and brain!

I read that a few here felt this electrical current type symptom and wanted to talk a bit about thus. 

I guess I just want to complain about my symptoms a little and compare with anyone else. Lol

I feel as if I've been plugged in to an electrical socket! Like sparklers in my body or wires that have been cut on the ends and are traveling through me. My face, mouth, chin, neck are tingling and numb. I am numb from my waste down now. I have sciatica, doc thinks it's pain that I'm feeling. This numbness tingling nerve thing is inside me, up inside pelvic floor to my chest and Like electricity charging my heart and abdominal wall.

It sounds like an electrical robot talking when I talk because I have tinnitus and the little tumor.

Went to er couple weeks ago, they thought I had pots, but nope. Told me to see a cardiologist but my doc says it's all part of the ",withdrawal syndrome" he is a real winner this guy lol

He's probably right but insists I need a psychiatrist for benzos because he can't prescribe. I think I told him 5x I don't need any benzos I'm almost done, I have plenty!

I've Been  tested for Ms at least 8x and no real findings except for the little acoustic neuroma tumor.

I'm really curious about this electrical nervey thing and how or if it affects anyone else here like this. 

I've been able to push through most of these symptoms but this one plus the numbness is really getting to me.

I read a great piece on the brain on this forum that I know will help everyone here, Brighterday posted it on a topic yesterday. I hope I can find it and add the link.

I guess I just need to talk about this, it's strange. It's getting to me and I need it to stop! If u have anything like this please respond. 

Ns

Here's that link, click on the top one shaded in blue.

Edited by [ns...]
Addition

• 2 weeks later...
[Wi...]

Hi, never saw this, but as you probably know, I also have the electricity. For me it originates from the back of my head and goes everywhere. Sometimes it’s in my head and upper back, sometimes it goes down my legs and then they feel like they aren’t mine anymore, not numb but sort of like they are floating and disconnected. It feels like swarms of bees buzzing angrily under my skin and it comes with tingling, crawling, itching, zapping and even burning sometimes. It’s ridiculous! I feel like I have electric wires in my head. If not that it’s the burning in my brain and what feels like my spinal cord and insides, it’s very disturbing. My CNS is so oversensitized I can feel it going haywire. 

I am sorry you have this too but kind of relieved when I see someone I can relate to. 

• Like 1

[Bo...]

Yes so much this and I’m tapering mirt right now and have crashed likely bc I’m only 6mo off K so body is flooded with electricity, extreme twitches all over gs e especially, only sleep many 45min in mornings bc of adverse reactions after mirt dose thru night so body is jolting and feel electrified constantly. Have a lot of stress in my household bc brother doesn’t want to keep having to do things so adds up. So that constant electricity gets so hard. 
hang in there sending hugs. Our systems try to calm as we tr to soothe them so keep up good work

• Like 1

[Wi...]
1 minute ago, [[B...] said:

Yes so much this and I’m tapering mirt right now and have crashed likely bc I’m only 6mo off K so body is flooded with electricity, extreme twitches all over gs e especially, only sleep many 45min in mornings bc of adverse reactions after mirt dose thru night so body is jolting and feel electrified constantly. Have a lot of stress in my household bc brother doesn’t want to keep having to do things so adds up. So that constant electricity gets so hard. 
hang in there sending hugs. Our systems try to calm as we tr to soothe them so keep up good work

My stupid CNS is still getting worse, I think it was from all these hormones after pregnancy and stopping breastfeeding but not sure. I just wish I saw some healing instead of deterioration. I want to rip the back of my head open and remove the sport from which the electricity seems to originate.

I am sorry you have the electricity too. It’s the worst. Sending healing vibes ❤️‍🩹 

• Like 2

[ns...]
1 hour ago, [[W...] said:

My stupid CNS is still getting worse, I think it was from all these hormones after pregnancy and stopping breastfeeding but not sure. I just wish I saw some healing instead of deterioration. I want to rip the back of my head open and remove the sport from which the electricity seems to originate.

I am sorry you have the electricity too. It’s the worst. Sending healing vibes ❤️‍🩹 

Willhealsoon, hi. Sorry to hear your still having these symptoms. 

I am too but I get a some relief now and then. I'm having serious issues today with these symptoms and they are debilitating!

Out today to distract and get some exposure but I must admit it's tough.

The bee stinging all over me,  even my face is about as much as I can stand!

Hang in there, I know it's tough, I know it's miserable but we have to keep on moving!

Felt like giving up today but knew that isn't an option!

I think when we are on the verge of healing everything intensifies and we just have to hang on to our faith and ride the wave hun. 

Change your focus ok,

It'll be over soon!

Take care sweetheart 

Ns

• Like 1

[ns...]
9 hours ago, [[W...] said:

Hi, never saw this, but as you probably know, I also have the electricity. For me it originates from the back of my head and goes everywhere. Sometimes it’s in my head and upper back, sometimes it goes down my legs and then they feel like they aren’t mine anymore, not numb but sort of like they are floating and disconnected. It feels like swarms of bees buzzing angrily under my skin and it comes with tingling, crawling, itching, zapping and even burning sometimes. It’s ridiculous! I feel like I have electric wires in my head. If not that it’s the burning in my brain and what feels like my spinal cord and insides, it’s very disturbing. My CNS is so oversensitized I can feel it going haywire. 

I am sorry you have this too but kind of relieved when I see someone I can relate to. 

Willhealsoon, question?

I've forgotten what you were taking, benzo?

Which one?

Taper schedule?

Thanks

Ns

[Kr...]

You guys , I also have irritability comes on with this. Agitation seems to be directly correlated with the prickling squeezing pain. 
and it’s not because I am reacting to it and feeling irritated, it is part of the syndrome.

• Like 1

[ns...]
12 minutes ago, [[K...] said:

You guys , I also have irritability comes on with this. Agitation seems to be directly correlated with the prickling squeezing pain. 
and it’s not because I am reacting to it and feeling irritated, it is part of the syndrome.

Krissirk888, I do to. Irritability and frustration comes on if I even have an emotion. It's so odd! I've recently noticed a change, feeling a sense of healing, able to laugh, cry, smile..but today, today and yesterday eve really I'm having that squeezing, electrical, Irritable feeling again and today it was the worst ever!

I've been pretty good at not responding to it but I have to admit it's a tough one to ignore. 

Stinging bees all over me. My face, from my head to my feet! Tightness and muscles squeezing nerves even in my neck. I think that's where it comes from. Muscle spasms in the neck, squeezing the nerves that radiate all down the body. If it's our spinal cord, that would make sense!

I only hear of a few people who have this and I wish I understood why only some get this.

I'm glad they don't, wouldn't want anyone else to go thru this! Withdrawal stinks!

It'll be over soon I guess, gotta hang on tight, along for the ride!

Take care y'all 🙂 

Ns

[Kr...]
6 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

today and yesterday eve really I'm having that squeezing, electrical, Irritable feeling again and today it was the worst ever!

Me too!! What the heck?!

[Kr...]
8 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

It'll be over soon I guess, gotta hang on tight, along for the ride!

Hope so, I even get the bees on my neck and face sometimes. 
you ever get like the sides of your head are being squished in a vice from both sides in towards the center?

[Nu...]

Yes! This is miserable. I walk around with my finger stuck in an electrical outlet and can't get it out. It's insane. I want it to stop...

• Like 1

[Kr...]
Just now, [[N...] said:

Yes! This is miserable. I walk around with my finger stuck in an electrical outlet and can't get it out. It's insane. I want it to stop...

At least we know we all have it and it’s from this damn injury.

I really want to hug you guys. I know how much this sucks. It’s kinda aka-ish, in a way , this internal current. I definitely want to unzip my skin and crawl out or something 

• Like 1

[Nu...]
1 minute ago, [[K...] said:

I really want to hug you guys. I know how much this sucks. It’s kinda aka-ish, in a way , this internal current. I definitely want to unzip my skin and crawl out or something 

I hear you. Good to know we're not alone.

• Love 1

[ns...]
4 minutes ago, [[K...] said:

So perfect! You've just described it in one sentence!

• Like 1

[ns...]

Do any of you have issues with hypersensitivity, hyperactivity where you're arms and legs kinda jump and are hard to coordinate? Like, so stiff you need an oil change? Lol, I feel like my skin is so dry but it's not that,it's like I'm so stiff and can't bend. Kinda like the tin man!!! 

Geez. Not funny but I do kinda feel like that.

I was holding my fork and went to take a bite of dinner and my arm jerked. I almost dropped my fork. I've launched my food before.

I've hit myself in the shower, banged my elbow on the shower wall, hit my head on the dresser, the door. 

This is what happens when i get like this, but this time it's like every symptom at once!

My cns is in overdrive!

I'm so numb from my upper waist down and having trouble walking just from that. But standing and walking are difficult everyday due to the nervy, spasms in my abdomen anyway.

Sorry I guys, not complaining really.

Do you have these symptoms?

I hope u don't but let me know if u do.

Have a good night wherever you are 

Ns

:therethere:

[Wi...]
6 hours ago, [[n...] said:

Willhealsoon, question?

I've forgotten what you were taking, benzo?

Which one?

Taper schedule?

Thanks

Ns

No. I took Cipro that is said to work like benzos On the receptors and it was the beginning of my issues. Then had adverse reactions to psych meds and wd from pregabalin. But I was healing well until a setback in August 2022 that just wrecked me followed by adverse reactions to different meds. I haven’t become any better, just worse month by month so it’s hard to see any hope. Time doesn’t seem to be the healer in my case :(

[Wi...]
1 hour ago, [[n...] said:

Do any of you have issues with hypersensitivity, hyperactivity where you're arms and legs kinda jump and are hard to coordinate? Like, so stiff you need an oil change? Lol, I feel like my skin is so dry but it's not that,it's like I'm so stiff and can't bend. Kinda like the tin man!!! 

Geez. Not funny but I do kinda feel like that.

I was holding my fork and went to take a bite of dinner and my arm jerked. I almost dropped my fork. I've launched my food before.

I've hit myself in the shower, banged my elbow on the shower wall, hit my head on the dresser, the door. 

This is what happens when i get like this, but this time it's like every symptom at once!

My cns is in overdrive!

I'm so numb from my upper waist down and having trouble walking just from that. But standing and walking are difficult everyday due to the nervy, spasms in my abdomen anyway.

Sorry I guys, not complaining really.

Do you have these symptoms?

I hope u don't but let me know if u do.

Have a good night wherever you are 

Ns

For me the jerky movements are more voluntary in that there is sometimes so much going on from my head down my back and the pressure gets so bad that I find myself sitting and trying to release the tension by moving an arm or leg in that jerky kind of way. It’s not an urge but feels natural somehow. Hate it because it means I have a very bad day. Today the current as always begins in my head but it’s down to my feet. When I woke up the entire backside of my body from head to toe just buzzed and was hot. It’s almost always the back. 

For me it doesn’t seem to be muscle tension related. I was in PT and getting my upper back and shoulders and neck worked on did nothing even though they felt much looser. 

Edited by [Wi...]

[Wi...]
2 hours ago, [[K...] said:

Hope so, I even get the bees on my neck and face sometimes. 
you ever get like the sides of your head are being squished in a vice from both sides in towards the center?

Sides, front, back, top, wherever it wishes. You name it, I have it. 

[WU...]
9 hours ago, [[W...] said:

it doesn’t seem to be muscle tension related

I agree, it is much deeper than that, billions of tiny neurons or whatever they're called, are firing off all over the place at random, no amount of stretching or relaxing makes a blind bit of difference until these neurons settle down

[ns...]
12 hours ago, [[W...] said:

For me the jerky movements are more voluntary in that there is sometimes so much going on from my head down my back and the pressure gets so bad that I find myself sitting and trying to release the tension by moving an arm or leg in that jerky kind of way. It’s not an urge but feels natural somehow. Hate it because it means I have a very bad day. Today the current as always begins in my head but it’s down to my feet. When I woke up the entire backside of my body from head to toe just buzzed and was hot. It’s almost always the back. 

For me it doesn’t seem to be muscle tension related. I was in PT and getting my upper back and shoulders and neck worked on did nothing even though they felt much looser. 

Willhealsoon, I'm so sorry you have such a terrible symptoms. I do remember now you saying you took cipro. I think these involuntary body movements are neurological in nature as well but cause muscle tension and spasms for me everywhere. 

I too cipro on a few occasions as I couldn't take other antibiotics. At that time there wasn't much known about adverse reactions to them.

Could be the cause of why I've been sick for yrs but really couldn't be sure. It would make sense.

I was active enough over the past 30 yrs but just didn't feel well. Later I went on benzos and I went down hill from there. 

I'm do sorry for what your going thru.

Wondering if you've seen a neurologist?

I sincerely hope you will heal soon!

Take care sweetheart 

Ns

[Wi...]
59 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

Willhealsoon, I'm so sorry you have such a terrible symptoms. I do remember now you saying you took cipro. I think these involuntary body movements are neurological in nature as well but cause muscle tension and spasms for me everywhere. 

I too cipro on a few occasions as I couldn't take other antibiotics. At that time there wasn't much known about adverse reactions to them.

Could be the cause of why I've been sick for yrs but really couldn't be sure. It would make sense.

I was active enough over the past 30 yrs but just didn't feel well. Later I went on benzos and I went down hill from there. 

I'm do sorry for what your going thru.

Wondering if you've seen a neurologist?

I sincerely hope you will heal soon!

Take care sweetheart 

Ns

Possibly. Cipro touches the same receptors as benzos. I remember that floxed people were told to avoid them.

For me Cipro started this mess and I was already sick after taking it but I didn’t get that bad until the adverse reaction 1,5 years ago to the hormonal drug. So it seems Cipro sensitized me but it was something else that threw me over the board, because prior to the setback I was fully functional with some pain. I am pretty sure I wouldn’t have any drug reactions had I not been floxed. 

I have a huge fear of doctors. I only went at the beginning of this and won’t go any more. They only have drugs to offer. Which I am not going to touch. 

My father is a doctor and he is always baffled when I tell him what I am feeling. 

Oh I hope healing will come one day.  I know I am looking at years of recovery if it happens but to be honest I just want to reach a stage when I am no longer getting worse and start improving a bit because I know it will give me hope. I need hope really badly. 

Edited by [Wi...]

• 2 weeks later...
[Ma...]

I have this . IT started after a CT febr 2025. Reinstate made no difference. I am now 15,5 months off from reinstate

I hope IT gets better soon♥️

[Ma...]
On 10/03/2024 at 20:33, [[W...] said:

Possibly. Cipro touches the same receptors as benzos. I remember that floxed people were told to avoid them.

For me Cipro started this mess and I was already sick after taking it but I didn’t get that bad until the adverse reaction 1,5 years ago to the hormonal drug. So it seems Cipro sensitized me but it was something else that threw me over the board, because prior to the setback I was fully functional with some pain. I am pretty sure I wouldn’t have any drug reactions had I not been floxed. 

I have a huge fear of doctors. I only went at the beginning of this and won’t go any more. They only have drugs to offer. Which I am not going to touch. 

My father is a doctor and he is always baffled when I tell him what I am feeling. 

Oh I hope healing will come one day.  I know I am looking at years of recovery if it happens but to be honest I just want to reach a stage when I am no longer getting worse and start improving a bit because I know it will give me hope. I need hope really badly. 

For me also things are worse since covid. We have to Take good care♥️

• 1 month later...
[Ba...]
On 26/02/2024 at 18:58, [[n...] said:

I read that a few here felt this electrical current type symptom and wanted to talk a bit about thus. 

I guess I just want to complain about my symptoms a little and compare with anyone else. Lol

I feel as if I've been plugged in to an electrical socket! Like sparklers in my body or wires that have been cut on the ends and are traveling through me. My face, mouth, chin, neck are tingling and numb. I am numb from my waste down now. I have sciatica, doc thinks it's pain that I'm feeling. This numbness tingling nerve thing is inside me, up inside pelvic floor to my chest and Like electricity charging my heart and abdominal wall.

It sounds like an electrical robot talking when I talk because I have tinnitus and the little tumor.

Went to er couple weeks ago, they thought I had pots, but nope. Told me to see a cardiologist but my doc says it's all part of the ",withdrawal syndrome" he is a real winner this guy lol

He's probably right but insists I need a psychiatrist for benzos because he can't prescribe. I think I told him 5x I don't need any benzos I'm almost done, I have plenty!

I've Been  tested for Ms at least 8x and no real findings except for the little acoustic neuroma tumor.

I'm really curious about this electrical nervey thing and how or if it affects anyone else here like this. 

I've been able to push through most of these symptoms but this one plus the numbness is really getting to me.

I read a great piece on the brain on this forum that I know will help everyone here, Brighterday posted it on a topic yesterday. I hope I can find it and add the link.

I guess I just need to talk about this, it's strange. It's getting to me and I need it to stop! If u have anything like this please respond. 

Ns

Here's that link, click on the top one shaded in blue.

Hi there!  I’m going to check the link out in a second. I too have had this sciatica type pain for a while now. I’m 27/28 months free and never had this issue before this benzo nightmare. I am an RN and never had any pain that plagued me like this when I was able to work. I have a 24/7 current also. Mine seems better when I implement things like fasting and holding a strict diet. Some people just wake up and feel better one day. I’m not so fortunate.

• Like 1