when updosing dosent work

Hi, I have my own theory about this (nothing I've read). I think the brain over reacts and immediately starts down regulating/destroying more gaba receptors.  In other words, the brain doesn't accommodate to reach some kind of homeostasis with the drug, but goes overboard.  I think it does this when there have been lots dose changes and it goes awry.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, [[j...] said:

can anyone explain why updosing fails to bring relief.  whats the reason behind this

@[ji...] So sad that your updose is not helping. What is your current dose? Hopefully someone can help you. I know @[je...] is very knowledgeable about Klonopin. 

• Like 1

You have been in a bad state for some time now and I feel your pain. When I was trying to taper the whole past year no dose made it better. From 0.5 to 150mg of diazepam. And sometimes taking 10mg of xanax at once, or what ever benzo I had bought atm. I was in a bad state until I finally just quit CT.

I think from the point the brain has started to be to sensitive and damaged from withdrawal symptoms it carrys on in that state until it's healed. No matter what the dosage is. It reached it's tipping point and there's no turning back. 

At least it feels like that for me. I really hope it turns for you. And as I understand the effect of updosing can take awhile. 

• Like 2

There’s no real answer to your question. We can speculate, but we just don’t know. I’ve noticed some trends here. It seems as if updosing generally works when you’ve tapered too fast.

The times when it doesn’t seem to work is when there’s a lot of changes and deregulation. It’s almost like your body doesn’t know how to reset back to normal. Also when tolerance is at play it might not work or you haven’t updosed enough, it won’t work. Sometimes you need to give it a bit of time like 2-3 weeks.

And sometimes we just don’t know why it won’t work.

• Like 3

I also want to add that I think there were a lot of valid comments on your previous thread about the potency of your tablets. That would be a real concern to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [[j...] said:

There’s no real answer to your question. We can speculate, but we just don’t know. I’ve noticed some trends here. It seems as if updosing generally works when you’ve tapered too fast.

That's me.  Raced from 60mgs  diazepam to 2.  Hung at 2 for 5 months and never stabilized.  Updosed to 4 and waited 3 weeks.  I can even walk a bit now.  

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi Knackered.  You updosed and saw improvement?  How are things going now?  I know I’m late, just reading now .  

[Ma...]

I updosed once but I had tapered too fast and realized it immediately.  I was fortunate to be able to stabilize on a slightly higher dose (which took a month or so) and now I’m tapering again…slowly.  I don’t think I would do that again after what I’ve now read.  I’ll go as slow as possible but the reality is that even doing that, I may get awful symptoms again at some point on my taper.  I think holding for a few weeks will be the first thing I try.  But if that doesn’t work, I’ll just grit my teeth and keep cutting.  I believe you can only avoid WD but so much.  I’ve anecdotally seen so many unfortunate stories on here of people who have tried to stabilize on some low dose of, say, 1-2 mg of Valium only to get stuck because of symptoms and or not feel stable, then try to updose, and have an even harder time and take months longer to get off their benzo.  I just don’t think it’s worth it most of the time, again anecdotally.  Getting off when you’re at a safe enough level is the better course of action because if it’s been more than a few weeks, you will probably never stabilize.  

• Like 2

[ji...]

@[Ma...]  yes... i would not updose again.  i did this time and im now racing to get back down to where i was.  i should have just waited it out.

• Like 1