Retired?

[kn...]

I no longer have to go to actual work every day.  However, want to know how I spend all my time?

1)  Scheduling Dr. appts.

2) Going to and being at Dr. appts.

3) Sorting out insurance and paying for Dr. appts.  

I spent the last two days doing 1,2, and 3.  Today I spent the last three hours on the phone and online doing  #3. 

Anyone out there feel like it's ground hog day or is it just me?

• Like 1

Same here......with my 80-year-old mother.

I am unsure if I would really like to live to a ripe old age honestly. Plus, I have benzos to still contend with.

If I was in good health and could be independent, sure, I would love to make it to 100. LOL

This is not what I see tho when I am at the doctor with my mother or for myself. I often see many old ppl with tons of meds in hand. Many can't walk anymore and have to be pushed around in a wheelchair. The ones who are still ambulatory hobble along using canes and walkers like my mother and are in chronic pain despite all that current modern medicine can offer.

Mortality is hard for us to accept but the time will come, usually with advanced age, where the human body can no longer sustain life anymore.

Hope all you buddies are having a pretty good weekend.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

seeking support from friends, family, or support groups can help alleviate some of the stress and isolation that can come with navigating healthcare systems. 

Hello @[Mi...], can you tell us a little about your benzodiazepine situation so we can better understand your reasons for joining BenzoBuddies?

5 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Hello @[Mi...], can you tell us a little about your benzodiazepine situation so we can better understand your reasons for joining BenzoBuddies?

hey hey, sure, i dont know if to write that here, but anyway i want to know how to better cope with the side effects of benzodiazepines and the process of withdrawing from them.

15 minutes ago, [[M...] said:

seeking support from friends, family, or support groups can help alleviate some of the stress and isolation that can come with navigating healthcare systems. 

1 minute ago, [[M...] said:

hey hey, sure, i dont know if to write that here, but anyway i want to know how to better cope with the side effects of benzodiazepines and the process of withdrawing from them.

Hello @[Mi...], we're glad you found us.

We can absolutely help you figure this out, this is what we do but it would be best if you started a thread of your own so we can address your questions there.  You can click on this link to start a new topic. Benzodiazepine Withdrawal, Use & Recovery - Benzodiazepine Withdrawal Support (benzobuddies.org)

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Hello @[Mi...], we're glad you found us.

We can absolutely help you figure this out, this is what we do but it would be best if you started a thread of your own so we can address your questions there.  You can click on this link to start a new topic. Benzodiazepine Withdrawal, Use & Recovery - Benzodiazepine Withdrawal Support (benzobuddies.org)

thanks a lot for advice! thats amazing to join your community :classic_love: 

• Like 1

@[Li...] and @[An...]

Ahhh...Here I go again.  So much free time on my hands now that I've retired. HA!  This AM I fed our Lab (hungry 24/7), walked him (with my 'benzo cane' of course, went grocery shopping, drove home and put groceries away, took out the garbage, and then the mail arrived.  Guess what showed up?  Yes, it was another medical bill.  They are truly my best friends.  This brings me back to #3 in my original post; you may have to look back a ways.  And...I found myself working for over 2 hours online and on the phone (I did put it all on hold and ate lunch for 30 minutes).  The bill was for laboratory services and equaled nearly as much as the last car I bought. I put the phone on speaker while I went online to fill in the necessary paperwork, and then fixed lunch (still on hold-but my call was 'very important to them').  After lunch, the call was finally picked up and things were worked out to the point that I could get them to route it through our insurances and then get the balanced established.  I think I've reached the point where our insurance premiums exceed our monthly income, but I'm too scared to look.  

Edited by [kn...]
Notify key recipients
  • Like 1