Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Open Group  ·  449 members  ·  Rules

Long Haulers

Back in acute

[jo...]

Sorry for the multiple posts. Just wondering if stressful life events can send you back into what feels like acute? I went through a very traumatic breakup 7 months ago that I was still healing from, then set myself back further by being a part of a wedding, that same friend (who’s wedding I attended) was a best friend of 20 years, has quite suddenly ghosted me. The combination of everything has seemingly sent me back into acute. I’m struggling to function, to even watch tv, to sleep, to relax. Can this happen? Will it pass? I feel like I have nothing left to handle anything more and I feel so out of control and praying nothing else happens. Think I just need some words of support as I’m quite scared. I haven’t had any windows since June and that was only a week. I’m in one line continuous wave all the time but this is another level and I’m struggling to find any relief or take care of myself 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I'm currently experiencing a major setback and like you wondering if all the stress in my life is why. I firmly believe that yes stress can indeed cause cataclysmic setbacks because stress induces glutamate in the body and glutamate can cause a cytokine like storm. I mean imagine eating MSG and dealing with the aftermath in a wd body. Well, stress can so similarly. I have the double whammy, major stress, and I accidently ate foods over a period of time that is glutamate enriched. It's not easy being back in this place after being somewhat functional I totally get it. I'm sorry things are tough. I'm sadly walking this path with you. 

• Sad 1