Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Open Group  ·  449 members  ·  Rules

Long Haulers

Feels like I'm starting over again.

[cr...]

I've had a number of set backs in my years off benzos but they all passed. I even spent a few years off this website since I was doing so well. I'm 4ish years off benzos and lately I've been really struggling for some reason. It feels like I went back into the hell of acute withdrawal and started the withdrawal process all over again. I can barely think straight/dizzy and just wasn't in this state at all one year ago. I had some sense of normalcy, but something must have messed me up pretty bad. I've posted about what I think is going on, but I'm just guessing (low vitamin D, covid, or some allergy in my new house). I suppose it doesn't really matter what tripped me up. I just want to know that everything's going to be okay and that I can recover.

Edited by [cr...]

Everything's going to be okay and you can recover. The brain sometimes likes to take its sweet time. I carry a stone in my pocket that says "b e l i e v e".

• Like 1

Thanks for the encouragement. Really hard to have faith lately. This wave I've been has been going on for 6 months. Different symptoms cycling in and out, but almost never getting a break. Hoping for some windows soon.

Hi @[cr...]!

Sorry for your troubles! Is it not possible that you have health anxiety issues? Are you ruminating much about your symptoms?