Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Open Group  ·  449 members  ·  Rules

Long Haulers

Has anyone taken seroquel? Lost hope of recovering.

[le...]

I have bee put on this recently, was in such a bad way ended up in hospital for 5 days which was a nightmare. I was crying constantly it has helped with that, but it leaves me exhausted every day, spend was life sitting in a chair all day. I am just wondering whether should continue taking it. I didn’t eat properly for months, so maybe that as well. Git to stage the paramedics said was in danger of going into a coma. Just hate being unable to physically do anything. Very sensitive to meds so can’t take anti depressants, Whether should give it a bit longer, but just feel I might as well be in a nursing home as physically finding it impossible to do anything. Just feel this has gone on for too long for me to recover.

Edited by [le...]

A lot of us are in the same boat and are farther off than you are. It's how this goes until it gets better, unfortunately.

I'd be really wary about trying all these different psych meds for an injury caused by psych meds. Unfortunately, much of recovery is just getting through this the best we can until it gets better. I guarantee you that a lot of us are feeling as bad as you are. It just takes time.

• Like 1

So sorry it's been so rough going, trying to mitigate it alone and from within the middle of the situation. I've not been successful in 7 yrs. But I have been marginally successful getting some quantity of sleep using either Seroquel or Baclofen. I discontinued the Seroquel last year because it was causing those jarring nervous spasms in twilight states and the discomfort after waking, like a sort of hangover. I suppose it's effective as an anti-psychotic but it's a pretty nasty drug otherwise. Now, I'm taking Baclofen for sleep which is fairly effective. It's a very strange drug though, can easily fall over the edge. Happened to me and police came, took me to the MH facilities. Have to be really careful not to take too much. So I don't know, I don't recommend drugs because everyone is different and I don't know what I'm doing. I only advise avoiding stress - that's an imperative for me.

I’m going try just taking it at night as makes me dopey during the day. Hoping it will stabilise me then can come off it gradually.I can’t take anti depressants got to stage I just needed something in order to function. It was zopiclone I was on not a psychotic.it is the constant crying really getting me down Hiw long we’re you on seroquel fir, don’t intend to stay on it long term but have no quality of life at moment just sit indoors.

Edited by [le...]

15 hours ago, [[l...] said:

I’m going try just taking it at night as makes me dopey during the day. Hoping it will stabilise me then can come off it gradually.I can’t take anti depressants got to stage I just needed something in order to function. It was zopiclone I was on not a psychotic.it is the constant crying really getting me down How long we’re you on seroquel fir, don’t intend to stay on it long term but have no quality of life at moment just sit indoors.

Think I was on it few years but I would get off from time to time. But yeah it does kind of dope you up, I didn't care for it. I was also worried about the chance it leading to Alzheimer's. I'm at the age my dad had it. I feel like I'm getting dumber by the day. Short term memory loss, critical thought too difficult now. I'm worried my mind is going. Hard to know which symptoms are attributed to Benzos or not.

Hope you can stabilize, get to sense, feel positive emotions again.

I found incredible that with all the suggestions i gave you, 1) you didnt said a thing, 2) you went for antipsychotics, but hope you do fine on them

Edited by [De...]

I’m going to stop it doesn’t help, and totally zaps my energy just sit in a chair all day. My anxiety is through the roof, nibidy in NHS seems it care. The psych giving me a script for a SNRI don’t really want to take more meds. but just not coping at moment.

3 hours ago, [[l...] said:

I’m going to stop it doesn’t help, and totally zaps my energy just sit in a chair all day. My anxiety is through the roof, nibidy in NHS seems it care. The psych giving me a script for a SNRI don’t really want to take more meds. but just not coping at moment.

That sounds terrible. I do take Baclofen for anxiety but have to be really careful with that stuff. Also take an SNRI - Effexor XR, and Gabapentin, both of which I'm heavily addicted to, I'm on a high dosage. I really needed them at the time, when I was extremely depressed and anxious. Turned my world from black to grey. I tried quite a few SSRI, nothing successful with those.

She:s 

prescribed me a low dose of Effexor just praying it helps. Get so frustrated on one will give me any zopiclone just fir a short time. Have got some on line but don’t work well literally got 1 hours sleep last night so spent day in bed as felt so awful. Then  had upsetting conversation with a doctor from the care team that visits yesterday claiming I was wasting their time and not in crisis. Most days I just don’t want to be here so how can that not be in crisis. She claimed I was addicted to to zop but didn’t take any fir about 3 years only started again when had all stress with my family. Hoping now stops seroquel that made things worse might improve,

Did you find Effexor made you sick to start with. Just take one and been violently sick,, hopefully will go off otherwise can’t continue them as already lost lot weight.