Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Open Group  ·  448 members  ·  Rules

Long Haulers

Nerve pain, neuropathy etc..anyone can relate to this in particular? What It might indicate? Any doctor here for an insight?

[De...]

I wonder If anyone can relate to a single thing in particular, of If anyone hás insight from what that might indicate

When i scracth the sole of my (left feet only) with my nail in a particular spot of the sole of my feet, i feel that the an eletric impulse goes/hit right at my spine, when i move my nail(scratching the sole) from this spot on my feet to the sides, the eletric impulse and pain moves from the spine trhougout the nerve branch affected (right/and left), something like that indicates small fiber neuropathy? 

Does anyone have the same occurance ?(If so, im sorry) It Would be good to know If anyone hás a similar thing, please let me know

Thank you for taking the time 

Edited by [De...]

Hi Denizthekid, I am sorry that you still  have to suffer so badly too!

For me many symptoms have gone or improved but the muscles and nerve pain are sometimes unbearable. 

The sensation you describe can also happen to healthy people. For example we scratch our upper leg and can feel it somewhere in our shoulder. That’s quite normal but as our nerves are still very sensitive these sensations are much more intense and can occur much more often and anywhere in our body….

I sure hope that it won’t take long that our muscles and nerves will calm down 🙏

It’s just unbelievable how long it can take for some of us 😰

I deeply believe that we too will turn a corner one day until then I wish you a lot of strength and patience 🍀

@[sh...] thank you! I wish i had started with several stuff previously , but you know How we get out of our minds unnable to think logically, i been taking a lot of stuff, they help to minimize the pain, but keeps ongoing, 3 years

Im not so hopefull, i have câncer aswell (thyroid) maybe that is contributing with a paraneoplastic syndrome (auto-imune driven)

But hopefully 

Edited by [De...]

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/01/2024 at 08:16, [[D...] said:

@[sh...] thank you! I wish i had started with several stuff previously , but you know How we get out of our minds unnable to think logically, i been taking a lot of stuff, they help to minimize the pain, but keeps ongoing, 3 years

Im not so hopefull, i have câncer aswell (thyroid) maybe that is contributing with a paraneoplastic syndrome (auto-imune driven)

But hopefully 

I have some neuropathic pain from withdrawal. Immediately after withdrawal it was very bad in my hands and feet. The feet were the worse and after about 3 months post taper I could barely walk. That slowly improved but never completely healed. I can walk just fine but it feels like there is some sort of membrane or covering on the soles of my feet. The sensation never returned to normal but is not longer exactly painful.

My hands on the other hand (no pun) seem to have healed completely.

• Love 1

@[Na...] thats something, mine is painfull non stop and 3 years, i claimed a lot for an full scan of antineuronal antibodies, was asking while being completely out of It going nuts, till now i didnt managed to get this properly tested, because of the needed medical professionals to ask for the markers, now its too late, um Very sick from this shit,

what i can recommend If people are dealing with this, from the beggining do a full antineuronal antibodies screening, its expensive but needed, to do a proper targeted treatment for auto-imune SFN. Antidepressants cause that in some, benzodiazepines aswell, fluoroquinolones, waiting time and waiting to get better is not a good option.

Thanks for sharing Nathan 

Edited by [De...]

• 2 months later...
[Le...]
On 19/02/2024 at 09:18, [[D...] said:

@[Na...] thats something, mine is painfull non stop and 3 years, i claimed a lot for an full scan of antineuronal antibodies, was asking while being completely out of It going nuts, till now i didnt managed to get this properly tested, because of the needed medical professionals to ask for the markers, now its too late, um Very sick from this shit,

what i can recommend If people are dealing with this, from the beggining do a full antineuronal antibodies screening, its expensive but needed, to do a proper targeted treatment for auto-imune SFN. Antidepressants cause that in some, benzodiazepines aswell, fluoroquinolones, waiting time and waiting to get better is not a good option.

Thanks for sharing Nathan 

If you don't mind me asking, what is this antineuronal antibodies screening for and who can perform this test? I'm 2 years off benzos and an SSRI and 0 changes whatsoever that burning nerve pain in my spine, arms and head persist as day 1 among other symptoms and I can't tolerate any medications or supplements still 

[Be...]

I had a positive ANA test while in tolerance w/d and diagnosed with Lupus APS.  I have a diagnosed blood-clotting disorder. 

Edited by [Be...]