Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Open Group  ·  448 members  ·  Rules

Long Haulers

Frustrated

[ge...]

I wish I knew what I was doing wrong. I’ll be five years off next month and have seen very little improvement of my mental symptoms. Constant dp/dr, fear, and intrusive thoughts. 
I eat super healthy, exercise when I can, and try every day to get out of my house and interact with friends, but it’s never enjoyable. Just weird and painful. 
A few symptoms have gone away, which I should be thankful for, but so many major ones won’t budge. Every day is so hard. I just want a break. 
I’m sure many of you understand. I just needed to vent.

Jim

• Sad 2

I'm sorry Jim. I'm 2 years out and deal with the same things. I push myself to interact but its painful. Have you tried anything for your intrusive thoughts ect. I don't know what else to do as I also eat well, exercise but am exercise intolerant. I'm so desperate I'm wondering if a med will help but I'm so afraid of meds that I'm sure if I took one I would just panic and over think it. Do you get any relief?  What do you do to distract or stay busy?

Edited by [st...]

3 minutes ago, [[s...] said:

I'm sorry Jim. I'm 2 years out and deal with the same things. I push myself to interact but its painful. Have you tried anything for your intrusive thoughts ect. I don't know what else to do as I also eat well, exercise but am exercise intolerant. I'm so desperate I'm wondering if a med will help but I'm so afraid of meds that I'm sure if I took one I would just panic and over think it. Do you get any relief?  What do you do to distract or stay busy?

I’ve tried a few other meds but they haven’t helped at all. I sleep well, which is good, but that’s really my only relief. 
Like you mentioned, I push myself to interact, but conversations and noises just amp things up. It’s hard to know what the right thing to do is.

I play games on my ipad to distract, mostly. I hate it, though. I get no real joy from anything.

I work when I can, but again, that just amps me up and is not enjoyable, which really sucks because I loved my work before this nightmare started.

How about you? What do you do to distract?

Thanks for commenting. I hope we all see improvements very soon.

Jim

I feel exactly like you. I'm so tired of distracting on my phone. Youtube, word search, instagram....I sick of it all. Seems so pointless. I think I'm just burnt out on it. My distraction to get through the days is doordash when I'm well enough. It doesn't feel good to do but I have to make money and it feels more productive then my phone. I try going to AA meetings and church lately but it's painful. The world just seems so bizarre. I don't understand it. I didn't feel like this before I cane off the meds so I'm trying to hold onto hope that this is not the new norm. However iv always struggled with my mental health so I don't have a well to really drawl from for hope and encouragement but I'm trying. My dog does bring me some happiness and cooking. I never used to enjoy cooking and I do sometimes now. I crave human interaction. Love, hugs, security ect. I need it desperately but I'm unable to feel it. What do you do for work?

2 minutes ago, [[s...] said:

I feel exactly like you. I'm so tired of distracting on my phone. Youtube, word search, instagram....I sick of it all. Seems so pointless. I think I'm just burnt out on it. My distraction to get through the days is doordash when I'm well enough. It doesn't feel good to do but I have to make money and it feels more productive then my phone. I try going to AA meetings and church lately but it's painful. The world just seems so bizarre. I don't understand it. I didn't feel like this before I cane off the meds so I'm trying to hold onto hope that this is not the new norm. However iv always struggled with my mental health so I don't have a well to really drawl from for hope and encouragement but I'm trying. My dog does bring me some happiness and cooking. I never used to enjoy cooking and I do sometimes now. I crave human interaction. Love, hugs, security ect. I need it desperately but I'm unable to feel it. What do you do for work?

I did Doordash for a while, too. I have the exact same feeling you do. I hear you, though. I didn’t have any of these bizarre mental symptoms before coming off these meds, so I’m just hoping my brain repairs itself. 
I had mild social anxiety every now and then, but nothing even close to whatever all of this nonsense is.

Hoping the best for you. Stay in touch.

Jim

I really believe if we could feel joy and pleasure we could survive anything!  I never even knew the word anhedonia until benzo hell!   I've NEVER had any of these symptoms prior to my short term use of a benzo to help me sleep.  Of course, I stupidly trusted my doctor and had no idea she was giving me a psychotropic drug!  Now almost 9 years later I suffer with constant anxiety, constant anhedonia, constant sick to my stomach queasiness, constant severe fatigue, constant muscle pain, constant tremors in arms and legs, absolutely no desire for food or any pleasure in eating...it has to be forced and just can't be around people and conversations and seeing them happy. Too painful!  

11 minutes ago, [[N...] said:

I really believe if we could feel joy and pleasure we could survive anything!  I never even knew the word anhedonia until benzo hell!   I've NEVER had any of these symptoms prior to my short term use of a benzo to help me sleep.  Of course, I stupidly trusted my doctor and had no idea she was giving me a psychotropic drug!  Now almost 9 years later I suffer with constant anxiety, constant anhedonia, constant sick to my stomach queasiness, constant severe fatigue, constant muscle pain, constant tremors in arms and legs, absolutely no desire for food or any pleasure in eating...it has to be forced and just can't be around people and conversations and seeing them happy. Too painful!  

I’m so sorry to hear that. This is the worst. I just don’t know what to do anymore. I push myself out into the world every day thinking the “exposure” will help, but it never does. I’m so afraid I’ve got years more ahead of me like this. I’ve tried all the diets, exercise, meditation, etc. Nothing helps.

• Like 1

I can so relate to what everyone is saying here because I feel the same way.  Neverme, I've got the same crap going on with me too after 13 years.  Life is hell.

Edited by [Be...]

On 14/01/2024 at 14:29, [[g...] said:

I wish I knew what I was doing wrong. I’ll be five years off next month and have seen very little improvement of my mental symptoms. Constant dp/dr, fear, and intrusive thoughts. 
I eat super healthy, exercise when I can, and try every day to get out of my house and interact with friends, but it’s never enjoyable. Just weird and painful. 
A few symptoms have gone away, which I should be thankful for, but so many major ones won’t budge. Every day is so hard. I just want a break. 
I’m sure many of you understand. I just needed to vent.

Jim

do understand precisely. So sorry too, it is so hard.

I try to avoid stress if I can. But I tend to avoid social interaction for same reason. I end up just leaving a bad impression on ppl, which adds to the stress. It's saddening and exhausting. Thanks for the post!☮️

Edited by [Ca...]
Omissions - always forget something