Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Claritin (Loratadine) and benzo w/d??

[Zu...]

I'm about 5 1/2 months off Ativan and allergies have kicked in full force.  Has anyone used Claritin (non-drowsy) for allergies during w/d without any major revving up of symptoms?  I actually have the generic of Claritin, non-drowsy Loratadine.  It is just plain Loratadine w/out any pseudoephedrine.

Just curious.  Hang in there, everyone. 

Funny this should come up.  My allergies were horrible today.  I find Claritin helpful for allergies, and I have not had any problems with it during withdrawals.

Draftsman

I used it on a couple of occasions just after my taper finished and didn't have any issues with it at all.

Hope you feel better soon  :)

I have very bad allergies and take daily Loratadine and have for years. I have not noticed any negative side effects from it.

Unless it was the Claritin causing all my problems all along! Ah ha!

No, probably just the benzos.

:pokey:

I braved a Claratin for some really bad allergies a few months ago. Not only did it not help, but that night was terrible, and I was slammed with horrendous w/d for weeks starting the next day. Coincidence I don't know, but I will tell you I would definitely not give it another try if you paid me!

I'm about 5 1/2 months off Ativan and allergies have kicked in full force.  Has anyone used Claritin (non-drowsy) for allergies during w/d without any major revving up of symptoms?  I actually have the generic of Claritin, non-drowsy Loratadine.  It is just plain Loratadine w/out any pseudoephedrine.

Just curious.  Hang in there, everyone. 

Congrats on being benzo free :thumbsup:

I'm in the midst of tapering and have taken Loradatine (among other things) without any issues.