Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Open Group  ·  448 members  ·  Rules

Long Haulers

I know it’s a vapid topic but I just feel so ugly

[jo...]

It’s like the years of suffering, inactivity and illness are finally catching up with me. I’ve gained weight, my eyes have lost their spark, my skin is bad, white hairs have popped up everywhere, I’ve lost any and all muscle tone, I look tired and bloated and pale. It’s not the most important thing. But it’s another aspect of “me” I feel I’ve lost. My self esteem and confidence really are so low. 

If anyone can relate or share success stories where this stuff improved please let me know. 

Its not your fault. These drugs cripple people into wheelchairs so they can't walk. Do your best to maintain good heath for the future and hope for the best.

Yes, pretty much all of it. I tend to eat when I'm anxious which has always been but with Benzos, it's lot worse as far as depression. 

On 31/12/2023 at 23:01, [[j...] said:

It’s like the years of suffering, inactivity and illness are finally catching up with me. I’ve gained weight, my eyes have lost their spark, my skin is bad, white hairs have popped up everywhere, I’ve lost any and all muscle tone, I look tired and bloated and pale. It’s not the most important thing. But it’s another aspect of “me” I feel I’ve lost. My self esteem and confidence really are so low. 

If anyone can relate or share success stories where this stuff improved please let me know. 

I feel 100 years old and I feel I look aged, too!  This is from my 11 month setback.  When I'm out of my setback, life does come back, the spark, the joy and pleasure and so does muscle tone.  I'm so flabby right now.  I feel old and ugly, too!.  I'm thin because I have had to force feed for 11 months and lost 32 pounds.  Just the thought and smell of food makes me sick.  I use to LOVE to eat!  I have forced myself to work throughout this hell but I am 69 years old, live alone and feel safer at work.  When I am home, I do nothing but lay.  That's all I can do.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 03/01/2024 at 13:33, [[N...] said:

I feel 100 years old and I feel I look aged, too!  This is from my 11 month setback.  When I'm out of my setback, life does come back, the spark, the joy and pleasure and so does muscle tone.  I'm so flabby right now.  I feel old and ugly, too!.  I'm thin because I have had to force feed for 11 months and lost 32 pounds.  Just the thought and smell of food makes me sick.  I use to LOVE to eat!  I have forced myself to work throughout this hell but I am 69 years old, live alone and feel safer at work.  When I am home, I do nothing but lay.  That's all I can do.

Yes, same here. It's rough and exhausting to deal with. I'm 65 and have aged considerably and have lost strength and stamina. Doesn't help though too much that I'm laid up like 23/7 in the dark. Sensitive to bright lights, sudden or loud noises. I know I have to avoid stress - I'm also hyper-sensitive to stress. I have this intense apprehension about getting or taking on slightest task - all of which were non-issues prior to getting off Klonopin 7+ yrs. They are not so uncommon to see on here. But I have had a long history of depression/anxiety and few other issues. I don't know, what to attribute Benzos to. Don't know if it's permanent. I'm just a survivor, it's about it. 

• Like 1

Catt02...we are being tortured alive worse than child molesters get punished!!!!  I will NEVER accept this - it is not right what we have to go through!  We are not living!!  I'm just about to leave work right now and feel gut wrenching dread, fear, depression and alone in the world feeling along with my constant, severe exhausting fatigue.  I never feel like myself at work...it's just a distraction.  

• Like 2