Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Open Group  ·  449 members  ·  Rules

Long Haulers

3 years

[st...]

Hey guys i just wanted to get an idea if those that are 3+ years out, are dealing with more physical or more mental symptoms. If you're 3+ year out are you more physical or mentally disabled???

48 months and more physical than mental, but mental state is still quite challenging at times. The past year has brought MUCH improvement which gives me hope. 

• Like 1

45 months out and I have both.   It seems my physical symptoms have ramped up in the last few months, and I still have lots of anxiety.   

Hi steph1980,
I’m 3+ years out.  I have a combination of both physical and mental symptoms and I’m fighting over thinking them and staying in my head about them with ruminating thoughts.  I pray and try not to dwell on the symptoms because I have found for me, replacing positive thoughts with the negative definitely helps me.

When I am almost overcome with anxiety, dizziness, histamine food and supplement sensitivities, muscle and stomach issues etc.  I thank God I’m not where I was, and it may sound crazy, but I say or speak it out loud.  

As you know, the symptoms can be horribly oppressive.  And when my old supplement “go-to’s” that used to give me a somewhat calm, no longer work.  I have to draw on that “drop of the bucket”, hanging on a thread, inner strength, and like most buddies here, go day-by-day and know that by the grace of God, I will heal.

Here’s hoping our healing increases faster, minute by minute and day by day.

• Love 1

Hi Steph! I’m as most of the group in that mine are mostly physical symptoms as well. I’m at 42 months. I do have some of the mental symptoms but majority of the time they are mild…except the occasional revving up of immediate anxiety attack when someone booms music, do construction work around me or any sound that my brain sees as a threat. In other words my anxiety attacks are due to my sound sensitivity to certain sounds. 
I recently am experiencing new physical symptoms that are mild and short lived. One of them being tight tummy muscles as if I’ve done too many sit-ups. It’s coupled with nausea and loss of appetite.it comes in waves but are short lived…still terrible! 
I still am disabled with driving / riding in the car. My vestibular issues are preventing my progress but I try every couple of days. I’ve had the vestibular issues the entire journey and they are what has made me disabled. They have much improved as they had me completely bedridden for a longggg time. Now I’m enjoying walks outside nearly daily even can push through my boatiness to get it done. Yay! But the car riding driving is still a challenge. Once I can get over that hurdle I will no long be housebound. I’ll finally get to go somewhere after waiting over 3 years! The other symptoms I have are mostly mild daily except for a couple days of each week I have rougher waves. I’m hanging on to the fact that I will master the car thing with more time just as I did with walking and sitting up. 
im cheering us all on to our completed healing! We are right at. The finish line….can’t just sit down on the ground now and give up! Now when that ribbon is right in front of me. Love and hugs…time for my walk! 👍🏼🤗♥️

I’m 2.5 years out but 3.5 since the original reaction to an antibiotic and this hell started. My physical symptoms seem to have become out of control and intense. I still have lots of mental ones also. But the physical ones are debilitating me beyond belief.