Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Open Group  ·  448 members  ·  Rules

Long Haulers

Extremely rapid cycling at 40 months out

[...]

Hi All

I'm currently 40 months off K(lonopin) and have been in an awful wave since 36 months, the worst ever.

I'm now experiencing extreme rapid cycling, all my old symptoms have returned plus some new ones have appeared, and am really struggling to cope.

I have heard that this rapid cycling could be a good sign that this could be a 'final surge' and I'm close to finally being fully healed.

Accordingly I was wondering whether anyone else has heard or experienced this ?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

L

@[...]  There is lots of discussion on this forum about rapid cycling.   And yes, some members say there symptoms were rapid cycling shortly before they healed.   When you say rapid cycling do you mean your symptoms last for a few minutes and then move on to another symptom?     

I am at 43 months out and experiencing lots of symptoms during the day that come and go pretty quickly.   I am also having some symptoms that I have not had in a couple of years, and I am having a few new ones.    I do feel like there is a lot of healing taking place, but who knows if I am close to being fully healed.    My healing process has been very, very gradual so I am not even sure I will even notice when I am fully healed.   It will probably be something like looking back a few weeks and realizing I have had very few symptoms.

Anyway, I hope you are close to being fully healed!!!

I am at 39 months out and am also having some serious rapid cycling of symptoms - everyday seems to be slightly different to the last with some symptoms reappearing after they had been gone for 12-18 months.  Severe side muscle pain is by far my number 1 symptom. 

Sure hope that this is the beginning of the end, but over the 3 years of horrible pain I have been here before with periods of rapid cycling so I am not sure anymore.

I’m at 40 months as well. Muscle pain is also one of my biggest symptoms. Don’t know if I’m cycling. I had a COVID setback on Jan 1st and pretty much was in a brutal wave most of 2023. In June I started taking edibles consistently because they provided some much needed relief. In November I decided the symptoms from the edibles were starting to outweigh their initial relief benefits. I stopped them on December 1st and I have seen a huge improvement in my symptoms specifically my cognition. Something that came with eating the edibles was some pretty unhealthy eating habits. I’ve been vegan mainly the past 4 years save for pizza and pasta here and there. Since I started eating the edibles I was eating a lot of sugar and dairy. Since I stopped taking the edibles I cut out everything unhealthy from my diet and I committed to eating healthy until I completely heal. I’ve seen a lot of people make some huge strides by abiding by a strict diet. I know that doesn’t exactly apply to the topic but I figured I’d chime in since we’re all close in time of recovery. 

• 2 months later...

i'm 18 months out. Last year waves were quite predictable in how the symptoms progressed it would start slow then escalate and peak and then come back down. This last wave in January I was in and out of symptoms almost every hour. sometimes every minute. Definitely rapid cycling. I'm not sure if it's a sign of the end. But i'm just glad the horrible symptoms aren't lasting weeks anymore.