Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Would you drop Depakote or Klonopin first?

[li...]

Hi!

I'm looking for opinions on which would be better for me to taper first - the pros and cons of each - of the Depakote (which was given for sleep off label) or the 1mg Klonopin?

Thanks!!!

Lisa

[98...]

Lisa,

If it were me, I would taper the Klonopin first.

The Depakote is also an Anti-Epileptic, this could actually help during your taper to some extent.

Also if it helps you with sleep, then I would taper the Klonopin first, and then the Depakote thereafter when you feel like it.

S#

Sigma,

Thanks for your input.  I've thought the same thing as you - but it's really not helped with my sleep (as I don't fall asleep until 2 or 3am) these days.  The anti-convulsant is a good thing tho. 

I wasn't sure if it would hamper the healing of my GABA receptors since the Depakote also acts on the GABA receptors as well.  Will my GABA receptors not heal if I'm still on the Depakote - do you think?

Thanks bunches!!

[98...]
I wasn't sure if it would hamper the healing of my GABA receptors since the Depakote also acts on the GABA receptors as well.  Will my GABA receptors not heal if I'm still on the Depakote - do you think?

I supposed to take 2,000 mg of it a day for a different purpose.

Like you, I question this as well.

I would think since you're on it, I would tackle the Klonopin first.

And then tackle the Depakote.

:)

Sigma-

I'm only on 500mg at night.  Do you think it'd be wise to stay on this while tapering my Klonopin then, and then taper the Depakote after the benzo?  Yes, I'm def not near the 2000mg!  Thanks for helping me with this, I appreciate it.

Lisa

[98...]

Sigma-

I'm only on 500mg at night.  Do you think it'd be wise to stay on this while tapering my Klonopin then, and then taper the Depakote after the benzo?  Yes, I'm def not near the 2000mg!  Thanks for helping me with this, I appreciate it.

Lisa

Lisa,

I would taper the Klonopin first and then the Depakote.