Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Open Group  ·  449 members  ·  Rules

Long Haulers

Disappointed

[Mu...]

I have often said that fear and doubt are our biggest enemies. Now after 4 years 3 months benzo free I am filled with both. The tightness and discomfort of my lower right abdomen has remained with me, accompanied by occasional back and leg pain. The morning fear and anxiety has returned. I awake telling myself it will go away in a couple of hours, which it does. At 67 I am only good for one or two hours work. Several times a day I want my stomach well and become hard. And I have no short-term memory. Now for the good news I'm a thousand times better than I was 2 years ago. But still there is a great deal of disappointment that I'm not in a better place now. I miss many of the old buddies and the Simplicity of the old site. Music 60

• Like 4

Sorry Music60. I feel your pain.

February of 2024 will be 8 years from me. Still going through it. My biggest issues are cognitive and memory problems and they are quite debilitating. When really flared up, near dementia-like memory problems. Forgetting what I am doing or saying dozens of times a day. Can't remember what I read, have serious trouble learning and forming new memories etc. However, I cold turkey'd at 25 years old (I'm now 33). I can't imagine going through this at 67... my heart goes out to you.

Thanks for your warm reply Vera. I fly from Birmingham to Oklahoma every year to spend Thanksgiving with my son. Strange this year I was terrified before during and after the flight. It can be nothing other than Benzo. Rather than watching the slow disintegration of my country have been reading. I can read a page of a book put it down, go to the bathroom or kitchen, and not know one word from the page I just read. Have red Dickens Christmas Carol every year for the last 20 years and this year it's proving to be a challenge. 

God bless music60