Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Open Group  ·  449 members  ·  Rules

Long Haulers

WINDOW OR WAVE FOR THANKSGIVING?

[Ga...]

Happy Thanksgiving Fellow Long-Haulers🦃🙏🎉.   What are your plans for today and are you in a window or a wave as this day greets us?  I am somewhere in between, but I am already doing my breathing exercises and repeating the “what I am feeling is my healing” mantra, so I can, hopefully, push the unpleasant symptoms aside!  I looked at my calendar from last year’s Thanksgiving and noted I did not feel well!  I also remember that as the day wore on I felt much better.

So, however this day of Thanksgiving plays out for us warriors, I pray that this time next year……or even sooner….will find us all healed, happy and healthy!!!

Hugs,

GG

• Like 1

Happy Thanksgiving 

No window nor wave here.

We had planned to go to daughter's house for Thanksgiving but she woke up sick. She thinks it's the flu.

So me and the hubby will stay home and eat deviled eggs..ham and pumpkin pie I intended to take to her house. Just a nice quiet day the two of us. Counting our blessings for many things this yr.

Praying for healing for all of us.

• Like 1

Not really sure when Thanksgiving is to be perfectly honest. I think it's only something celebrated in the US. But fairly sure it will be business as usual for me.

However I hope my American cousins can enjoy the holiday. If not in a window, not in hell

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Long Haulers.  This is my fourth Thanksgiving since I stopped taking benzos and I am feeling better today than I have in a long time.   For that I am extremely thankful.   I hope this trajectory continues, but if not, I will soldier on.     Hope all the Americans have a lovely day.  

P.S.  @[Ha...]  Thanksgiving is only celebrated in the U.S.   The first Thanksgiving was celebrated in 1621.   The 52 remaining survivors of the Mayflower and 90 Wampanoag Indians celebrated their first harvest.   

I don't really have windows, it was a waves day as it usually is. We had a small gathering this year and I was hoping to be a positive influence on it but I was only able to sit and eat something with my wife, just for a short time before having to go back to bed. That's all I can do these days. Usually gets worse throughout the day to the point where I just start out crying my eyes out. It's so hard endure this level of anxiety/depression/guilt/grief everyday. Don't know what else I can do.