Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Open Group  ·  448 members  ·  Rules

Long Haulers

Not everything is benzo related when protracted!

[Ga...]

I have just found out that a majority of my long lasting head and neck pain is coming from cervical spine issues, which can be treated with massage and some non-steroidal nerve blocks.  I was extremely firm with my ortho doctor about not being able to tolerate lidocaine and steroids, and I gave him a brief history of my Valium prescription use, withdrawal, and recovery.  He was somewhat educated as to the negative impact of prescribing benzos for more than a couple of weeks, but he did admit that he tells his patients that they can take a one time dose of Valium before a procedure.  I told him I would take a Benadryl before any procedure that I decide to move forward with.  I wonder if all those pain management treatments I had a couple of years ago did not relieve my pain, as I was being treated while still on the Valium through tapering and post-taper.  I do remember taking a 5 mg pill before the nerve blocks, the steroid injections and the radio frequency ablations.  A mystery never to be solved!

And the beat goes on as at 44 months I am ready to be really Thankful this Thanksgiving for a painless head and neck!!!!

🦃🦃🦃🦃

GG

• Like 1

It's certainly true that not every issue we suffer from is related to prior benzo use.

If you decide to pursue this treatment I hope it helps out. Please keep us updated on how things go.

• 4 weeks later...

Glad to hear it's a separate, treatable issue. It does seem at times things get attributed to Benzos that could be separate, treatable but outside the most common, who knows without consulting a doctor. But we need those doctors to trust us and take Benzos seriously. If they write a Rx for more than 2 weeks, it's a red flag. It's a hell of a situation to be in -