Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Norco or drinking (Red wine) for benzo withdrawal insomnia

[Gl...]

Is this a bad idea to do?  Sometimes I would take Norcos or drink to help with the insomnia that was caused by the benzos.  It would also help with the all over pain that I feel in my body after being up for so long..kind of like a fibromyalgia feeling maybe.  I realize this is probably a bad idea but I wanted to know what you guys think.

The first time I quit benzos, I drank in moderation everyday for 2 weeks to help sleep and get over it and somehow it helped me and it worked.  This second time, I have not dropped my dose to zero yet but I am still getting major withdrawal symptoms.  Is it a bad idea to drink or take a Norco to take the edge off?

Drinking is just the same as taking more benzos.  Alcohol and benzos work on the same receptor sites.  It's a really bad idea to mediate the effects of one with the other.

I know they both work on Gaba receptors but I figured since they are not cross tolerant and alcohol is more of a dirty drug (works on dopamine and all sorts of other sites) that it could possibly help..I am trying to figure out why it helped me the first time I quit..maybe it just took my mind off of the withdrawals for a while

Actually, alcohol and benzos are cross tolerant.  So many people have had setbacks here after drinking alcohol.  Be careful.

Draftsman