Off-label prescribed Zyprexa

[Gl...]

To make a long story short, I was prescribed Zyprexa for off-label uses about 6 years ago.  I was using a lot of drugs and my parents made me see a psychiatrist and I got put on this garbage.  I know this is an antipsychotic but I am not psychotic at all and have tried to quit this med numerous times and found out it is extremely addicting.  Zyprexawithdrawal.com is a good site that explains how bad this med can be.

Anyways, I quit the drugs that ended me up on the med for about 5 years now (meth) and have managed to deal with the problems from this med for a long time.  Whenever I try to quit it, I stop sleeping until I take it again.  I heard that antipsychotics can make benzo withdrawals worse.  I think I read that on Wikipedia.  Should I try to take this med less often or of a lower dose to make the benzo withdrawals more manageable?  Right now I am trying to quit Ativan and tapering off from 2mg/day from the past 6 weeks.  Again, I am not psychotic lol and even when I quit the medicine I have no psychotic symptoms, I just cannot sleep.  But I am trying to figure out if the withdrawals would be easier if I cut the med down.  Does anyone know anything about this?

[9e...]
I heard that antipsychotics can make benzo withdrawals worse.

I'm not on Zyprexa, but Risperdal, another AP for different issues other than sleep.

I can't tell if it makes w/d worse or not.

I don't know anything about zyprexawithdrawal.com.

I was on zyprexa once for a while 15mg x 3 a day.

But I am trying to figure out if the withdrawals would be easier if I cut the med down.  Does anyone know anything about this?

I tried cutting the Risperdal out while tapering, bad idea, had to go back on it.

Hopefully others will be along to give you some advice.

S#

Nice, thanks for the info..maybe I will cut my Zyprexa down but I am worried I will not be able to sleep if I do.  If I can recover my sleep maybe I can switch to 10 mgs instead (right now I am on 20 mg's).  I was stable on sleep with 2.5mg believe it or not before I got into benzos.