Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Off-label prescribed Zyprexa

[Gl...]

To make a long story short, I was prescribed Zyprexa for off-label uses about 6 years ago.  I was using a lot of drugs and my parents made me see a psychiatrist and I got put on this garbage.  I know this is an antipsychotic but I am not psychotic at all and have tried to quit this med numerous times and found out it is extremely addicting.  Zyprexawithdrawal.com is a good site that explains how bad this med can be.

Anyways, I quit the drugs that ended me up on the med for about 5 years now (meth) and have managed to deal with the problems from this med for a long time.  Whenever I try to quit it, I stop sleeping until I take it again.  I heard that antipsychotics can make benzo withdrawals worse.  I think I read that on Wikipedia.  Should I try to take this med less often or of a lower dose to make the benzo withdrawals more manageable?  Right now I am trying to quit Ativan and tapering off from 2mg/day from the past 6 weeks.  Again, I am not psychotic lol and even when I quit the medicine I have no psychotic symptoms, I just cannot sleep.  But I am trying to figure out if the withdrawals would be easier if I cut the med down.  Does anyone know anything about this?

[25...]
I heard that antipsychotics can make benzo withdrawals worse.

I'm not on Zyprexa, but Risperdal, another AP for different issues other than sleep.

I can't tell if it makes w/d worse or not.

I don't know anything about zyprexawithdrawal.com.

I was on zyprexa once for a while 15mg x 3 a day.

But I am trying to figure out if the withdrawals would be easier if I cut the med down.  Does anyone know anything about this?

I tried cutting the Risperdal out while tapering, bad idea, had to go back on it.

Hopefully others will be along to give you some advice.

S#

Nice, thanks for the info..maybe I will cut my Zyprexa down but I am worried I will not be able to sleep if I do.  If I can recover my sleep maybe I can switch to 10 mgs instead (right now I am on 20 mg's).  I was stable on sleep with 2.5mg believe it or not before I got into benzos.