Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Nuvigil?

[Ho...]

Has anyone tried this drug to help with their concentration during w/d?

I know, it would be very risky for me to try it right now. I think it's technically classified as a stimulant, which I know is BAD, but it's very different from other stimulants such as Adderall (which made my benzo body completely freak out!!)

I have tried Nuvigil while I was on K, and in low doses it helped me. I've heard that it also has neuro-protective qualities and is very good for your memory too.

• 3 years later...

HollyMS....

I was recently prescribed NUVIGIL from my sleep doctor in hopes that is would help my daytime tiredness.  I have sleep apnea.  I was prescribed 2 things a BP medicine and this.

Something has caused my withdrawal symptoms to relapse.  The blood pressure medicine is Amlodipine Besylate.  I really don't know which is causing it.  But I happened upon your post and figured I would state something.

• 1 month later...
I was prescribed nuvigil for my exhaustion. It helps but I feel weird on it. It's either I'm so tired I can't think and feel drunk or nervous. Also sometimes I'm still tired. I'm scared I will have withdrawl when I get off of it. Any information would help

I think the nuvigil is messing me up. I'm afraid not to take it because I have such exhaustion but I've read some pretty nasty stuff on smart drugs. By no means does nuvigil make me a superhuman, it just makes it so I have some energy. Maybe the lethargy is the detox. Maybe I should wait this out. I don't want to be suffering from nuvigal withdrawal in the future. I don't know what to do