Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Open Group  ·  449 members  ·  Rules

Long Haulers

Intense Head and Jaw Pain

[To...]

I don't know for sure if I'm still experiencing pain from being on Klonopin for 20 years but I have intense pain. This started around 3 or more years ago.

I have intense head and jaw pressure and and tightness. I don't know if the pain ever goes away but I'm on two meds for sleep and that seems to

calm it to sleep 2 to 4 hrs. As the day goes on the intensity builds and in the evening it's very intense and almost unbearable. My psychiatrist thinks 

that it's anxiety but I never experienced anxiety that felt this physically painful. It sometimes makes me think that ending it all is the only way to stop

the intense pain.

30 years klon. I have neck and headache/pressure. I use muscle relaxers,icepacks, and sleep in a recliner to get rid of the pain and pressure.

My jaw is clenched a lot but no pain.

Yep have alot of pressure. Head pain

Horrific pain actually. What I do is take a hot shower in the dark. Hot as you can tolerate. Then when I get out i will try take half a panadol. (Med sensitive) 

Are you grinding your teeth while asleep? Look up tmj headaches 

Or occipitual neuralgia.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 16/10/2023 at 17:44, [[b...] said:

Yep have alot of pressure. Head pain

Horrific pain actually. What I do is take a hot shower in the dark. Hot as you can tolerate. Then when I get out i will try take half a panadol. (Med sensitive) 

Are you grinding your teeth while asleep? Look up tmj headaches 

Or occipitual neuralgia.

Yes this sounds very familiar. Always had TMJ, but since w/d the clenching and even damage to teeth. I do wear  a mouthguard now. I get jaw pain in the night and upon waking, I just take a pain reliever. I really hope I wont need mouthfull of  teeth after tapering is over (or before). >< 

however pain relievers  (aka pnadol etc) as well as a nicely fitted mouthguard have helped me keep my teeth intact thus far.

On 16/10/2023 at 17:54, [[P...] said:

You might want to check out getting a mouth guard to protect your teeth while this is happening. 

concur on that @[Pa...] - may save some teeth with mouthguard especially if one is a night clencher

my head pressure wont go away either. it goes away for short periods then returns. 

i think mines is caused because i mixed benzos with alcohol and didnt taper properly