Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Took someone's advice and...

[0f...]

I went back on the Lyme support site as someone on here suggested. Someone private messaged me that that I need help, mental help and possible medication. Well ok then. Getting bounced around. And people want to know why I gave up on my life.

@[Su...] That's good. I hope you get better advice and support there, for your Lyme-related issues, than you've been getting here. I don't think you're getting bounced around. A person can belong to several support sites, all at the same time, if they have several distinct issues to deal with. Nothing wrong with that. And the support you get may be exactly the thing that will keep you from giving up on your life, don't you think? That's the whole point of support, isn't it? Meanwhile, you're still likely to get the best support for your benzo-withdrawal issues right here at Benzo Buddies. So stick around. :thumbsup:

This person on the Lyme site said I need mental health and possible *psych drugs*. Yea thats awesome huh? I hope you can sense my sarcasm. A bigger hole. Some lives just aren't worth repairing.

49 minutes ago, [[S...] said:

This person on the Lyme site said I need mental health and possible *psych drugs*. Yea thats awesome huh? I hope you can sense my sarcasm. A bigger hole. Some lives just aren't worth repairing.

@[Su...]Totally Awesome ... typed with sarcasm... geez! 

But your life, absolutely, is worth repairing! Don't tell yourself the lies that it is not! I believe that you are worthy and loved simply because you are here! You never, ever know how your life touches others ... Please be kind and compassionate with yourself - this is SO hard. And you're doing it! It may suck, but you're DOING it! Life. Life. Is. Hard.

Jess

• Like 2

I remembered why I left that site and the other lyme one last year. Brought back too many bad memories reading past posts and stories, as if my anxiety hasn't been on overdrive enough. Those sites can be good and informative for some but it made things absolutely horrible for me when I was already suffering. Living and doing life is making me worse. This is torture, this isn't life. I ruined my family vacation. Worst trip of my life and I was looking forward to it so much. I don't ever ever ever get a break. This can't be it, this can't be the rest of my life guys.

10 minutes ago, [[S...] said:

I remembered why I left that site and the other lyme one last year. Brought back too many bad memories reading past posts and stories, as if my anxiety hasn't been on overdrive enough. Those sites can be good and informative for some but it made things absolutely horrible for me when I was already suffering. Living and doing life is making me worse. This is torture, this isn't life. I ruined my family vacation. Worst trip of my life and I was looking forward to it so much. I don't ever ever ever get a break. This can't be it, this can't be the rest of my life guys.

I feel that way too, sometimes. But there are good days, too. I started keeping track of my good days with stars on a calendar ... it helps, because often when I'm deep in it, it feels like I'll never climb out (and we all have those days), and it really helps me to look at the stars on the GOOD days, so I know that they are possible. I have to accept, too, that my "new normal" will never be like my old normal. It's hard. But the stars ...

• Like 1

I was told that too. Out of all the days in the last 4.5 yes I've had only maybe 2 or 3 "star" days...in 4.5 yrs..yes you read correct. I will not accept that as being my new normal.

On 20/09/2023 at 12:48, [[S...] said:

I was told that too. Out of all the days in the last 4.5 yes I've had only maybe 2 or 3 "star" days...in 4.5 yrs..yes you read correct. I will not accept that as being my new normal.

Oh, wow, OK, that is definitely not a good "new normal" - I am so sorry you are going through this.