Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Head pressure

[Jd...]

In my opinion when we go through wd it is such a traumatizing experience that it in some way alters our gut microbiome thus altering how we absorb food and the nutrients in them.  I am now 19 months off and it took me going to a neurologist to figure out that I had a severe iron deficiency.  Just as many drs are not very well versed on the effects of wd even more are not versed on what a low b12, folate , or iron level will do.   As I discovered that I have a low iron level lately I have been hanging out on the iron deficiency fb groups and the similarities are alarming.  Many of the same symptoms discussed there are echoed here.  Insomnia headaches and head pressure dizzy feeling faint air hunger vibrations nerve pain extreme anxiety depression fatigue etc etc. the list looks identical to everyone here.   What IF protracted wd actually was an undiagnosed deficiency of something.  Or what if it is due to wd yet you can’t heal because you don’t have the building blocks of copper or phosphate or whatever your body is lacking to fully heal.  It’s not too far fetched of a theory and I believe there are many more on here that are sitting on nutritional deficiencies waiting for their bodies to heal their “gaba receptors” when in reality they don’t have enough of some crucial element their body is missing and they just keep waiting year after year after year 

48 minutes ago, [[J...] said:

In my opinion when we go through wd it is such a traumatizing experience that it in some way alters our gut microbiome thus altering how we absorb food and the nutrients in them.  I am now 19 months off and it took me going to a neurologist to figure out that I had a severe iron deficiency.  Just as many drs are not very well versed on the effects of wd even more are not versed on what a low b12, folate , or iron level will do.   As I discovered that I have a low iron level lately I have been hanging out on the iron deficiency fb groups and the similarities are alarming.  Many of the same symptoms discussed there are echoed here.  Insomnia headaches and head pressure dizzy feeling faint air hunger vibrations nerve pain extreme anxiety depression fatigue etc etc. the list looks identical to everyone here.   What IF protracted wd actually was an undiagnosed deficiency of something.  Or what if it is due to wd yet you can’t heal because you don’t have the building blocks of copper or phosphate or whatever your body is lacking to fully heal.  It’s not too far fetched of a theory and I believe there are many more on here that are sitting on nutritional deficiencies waiting for their bodies to heal their “gaba receptors” when in reality they don’t have enough of some crucial element their body is missing and they just keep waiting year after year after year 

Yeah I'm trying to fix my gut at the moment. It's not all about GANA receptors IMHO. Histamine problems such as MCAS can mirror WD too, and autoimmune disorders or chronic inflammation can all be traced back to the gut.