Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Vitamin D supplement

[Mr...]

Took a vitamin d supplement for almost 2 weeks and had to stop cause it started to flare up old OCD stuff and wow. Its the only variable I can think of that could have done this. Anyone had issues with a Vitamin D supplement like that? Hadn't had OCD stuff like this in a long time. Just trying to figure out if that vitamin d supplement set it off. 

A little bit. It feels like it lit up my brain. Like a glutamate surge or something. Had a nice clear mind for a while. And then boom. Rumination, anxiety, racing thoughts etc. 

Vitamin d doesn’t act alone.   Taking vitamin d puts other minerals to work. As example.  If you had a vitamin b12 or folate deficiency the act of taking vitamin d will put those last tiny bits of b12 and folate to work thus lowering them even lower thus making you think vit d is the problem when the reality is your deficiency in another mineral is the real problem.  If that makes sense.  
So yeah you could be reactive to vitamin d but also look at the big picture and see taking vitamin d may exacerbate an already low or critically low mineral of another sort

as example for me I tried taking magnesium glycinate to help me sleep at night before HOWEVER it worked the exact opposite   Revved me up couldn’t sleep so I thought “you’ve read on the boards how some can take it some can’t so I guess you just can’t  this is normal in wd” and I never thought about it again   Until I had my levels checked and was sitting on a critically low iron saturation level. Low iron causes in addition to many other things insomnia  so when I took magnesium it would put the tiny bits of iron in my blood to work thus depleting it even more   So while I was sitting here thinking the magnesium revved me in reality it was the already low iron dipping even lower is what revved me