Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Relief from head symptoms from something strange

[Ha...]

I'll have to share this, it's so weird.....

I've been struggling with head symptoms for 3 years. You name it, and I've had it even to the point I've developed Alopecia Areata which is thought to be autoimmune. I've long thought a lot of it was down to inflammation and was using something called Valasta for a while. Anyway I digress, I was prescribed a topical steroid which I tried a small amount of and decided against. Looking for natural alternatives I came across onion juice. Hey why not, blended an onion and applied it to my head. Within minutes the muscles all crunched and released, my body tension left and I was the calmest I've been in years. I'm going to go as far as saying I felt almost normal. I can't believe it, years of trying everything you can think of and I get relief from a bloody onion on my head :2funny::2funny:.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, [[H...] said:

I'll have to share this, it's so weird.....

I've been struggling with head symptoms for 3 years. You name it, and I've had it even to the point I've developed Alopecia Areata which is thought to be autoimmune. I've long thought a lot of it was down to inflammation and was using something called Valasta for a while. Anyway I digress, I was prescribed a topical steroid which I tried a small amount of and decided against. Looking for natural alternatives I came across onion juice. Hey why not, blended an onion and applied it to my head. Within minutes the muscles all crunched and released, my body tension left and I was the calmest I've been in years. I'm going to go as far as saying I felt almost normal. I can't believe it, years of trying everything you can think of and I get relief from a bloody onion on my head :2funny::2funny:.

Thank you SO much for sharing! This is great news. I've heard of onion juice for hair loss... but not any type of pain or tension. So interesting. On another note, I also have been struggling with hair loss during the taper process. Are you still tapering or did you jump? Just curious if you developed alopecia while taking benzos or after?

2 hours ago, [[i...] said:

Thank you SO much for sharing! This is great news. I've heard of onion juice for hair loss... but not any type of pain or tension. So interesting. On another note, I also have been struggling with hair loss during the taper process. Are you still tapering or did you jump? Just curious if you developed alopecia while taking benzos or after?

I'm 3 years out from CT and my head is my last lingering symptom really, plus some fatigue. The hair loss came on around 4 months ago

Hi I'm s newbie on here. I've been on clonazapam for eight years for tension headaches and jaw pain I interested in the raw onion theory going to give it a try thankyou🤞mermaid

Having a mare.   I’d be very interested in seeing your blood work.   Every . Single . Last . Person I know that has the head pressure that has lasted for say a years is some sort of nutritional deficiency.  Usually iron but not always

1 hour ago, [[J...] said:

Having a mare.   I’d be very interested in seeing your blood work.   Every . Single . Last . Person I know that has the head pressure that has lasted for say a years is some sort of nutritional deficiency.  Usually iron but not always

My iron is high actually. Vit D was slightly low but has been corrected. Zinc slightly low but nothing major, am supplementing. Everything else is in range, but am considering going to a functional neurologist. He's expensive, but wants to do more in depth testing. There might be an autoimmune connection in my case as I've developed alopecia areata. Don't think it's a huge stretch of the imagination to think the head symptoms/pressure are somehow connected 

If you can lemme know your exact iron panel b12 and folate 

As example a ferretin of 200 seems outstanding when taken alone with no context. But ferretin is only part of the picture and equation. Ferretin while yes indeed is a measure of how much stored iron a person has it also is a measure of inflammation   It’s why to get your iron level and entire panel must be done.  Ferretin serum iron tibc iron saturation transferrin etc etc.  it’s way WAY more complicated than “I have a high iron” and if you truly do have high iron. and I mean on all levels.  Then THAT is your problem. A high iron is dangerous and your dr needs fired and sued. A high iron (on all levels) is probably worse from a neurological standpoint than low.  Shoot me your levels sometime. I’d be glad to help

Edited by [Jd...]

One thing worth noticing is onions are full of quercetin which significantly blocks iron.  I’m not sure how that would work from a topical standpoint but may be some explanation for this ??

1 hour ago, [[J...] said:

One thing worth noticing is onions are full of quercetin which significantly blocks iron.  I’m not sure how that would work from a topical standpoint but may be some explanation for this ??

Yeah possibly. It's also a very good antihistamine which is another angle I've been considering since I was getting a lot of itching on my bald head 😁 and an antihistamine also helps with symptoms. I think there's a few things going on to be honest 

Oh for sure.  I definitely don’t negate the bad effects benzos do.  Only theorize that having a vitamin or mineral imbalance makes it impossible to heal.  

5 minutes ago, [[J...] said:

Oh for sure.  I definitely don’t negate the bad effects benzos do.  Only theorize that having a vitamin or mineral imbalance makes it impossible to heal.  

Yeah completely agree. It's just a minefield isn't it 

It is and we are left to figure this out on our own.   What I’m finding out is a lot of information can indeed be found in the internet and you can learn a lot of things however none of us can be on par with a true hematologist by googling stuff.  It’s just too damn complex.  My patient (the hematologist/oncologist) is who actually helped me put the missing pieces together but even if I get lucky enough to have another years worth of his “lessons” I cannot reasonably expect to be on his level. And I’ve yet to find any other physician outside of hematology that has a clue wtf is going on. This patient/friend or whatever he is to me explained it as such.  If your blood parameters as example your iron saturation is within the normal range as Indicated by the lab but it is kinda closer to the upper end then that should be considered high. Once it crosses over and is flagged by the lab we should now consider this “really f@cking high” lol that’s how he explained it and said we are lead to believe that if our values in our blood are 1 tick above or below the lab stated “normal values” then we should feel amazing and great and that’s not the case.  You can still feel like absolute dog shiot with a hg that’s trending low etc etc he says we never really talk about optimizing these levels.  A person with a b12 of 250 may be “normal” per the lab result but will feel like dog shiot until it’s 800 and this isn’t just a lack of knowledge on the patient side. MOST physicians think this too. Most hematologists though know better 

Edited by [Jd...]

I know that histmines sensitivity in food etc can cause alot of symptoms 🧜‍♀️

On 11/09/2023 at 17:49, [[J...] said: