Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Open Group  ·  449 members  ·  Rules

Long Haulers

Checking in.....

[de...]

Have been having some really good windows.....not perfect, but definitely an improvement over where I was a month ago.   

The healing continues.......

How is everyone doing?

@[Li...]   Hope you are doing okay.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I'm glad for you, decatur.  It's encouraging to hear about your windows.  I'm in a wave at the moment.  The best part about a wave is knowing there will be a window in the future (hopefully).  Yay for windows!

• Like 2

Hi Decatur,

I'm so glad to hear you are having windows! That's great news. I am too and it's such a relief.  We had a tree fall two weeks ago and it poked two holes in our bedroom ceiling.  I was sweeping gumballs out from under our bed during a power outage. It was a mini Hiroshima.  BUT, most of the immediate repair work was done in a week and the huge tree was removed from our yard. We had another storm a week afterwards with a tree down the street from us blocking the road out and power out for 33 hours. It was HOT.  But gosh I survived it all! I worked off of adrenalin for the first week, then had an ugly wave and am now back to feeling pretty darn good again.  As you well know, life doesn't stop for us to recover so I'm thinking this window is letting me know we can recover during the hard times too.  Waves will continue to come and go, I imagine but we can surely enjoy the breaks.  

Good to hear you are inching your way towards better.

Helen

• Like 1

Glad to hear that decatur.  Windows are good. As long as you're moving in the right direction you should get to the other side.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, [[G...] said:

I'm glad for you, decatur.  It's encouraging to hear about your windows.  I'm in a wave at the moment.  The best part about a wave is knowing there will be a window in the future (hopefully).  Yay for windows!

Thanks, Glitter.   Sorry you are in a wave!   Yes, yay for windows!!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, [[H...] said:

Hi Decatur,

I'm so glad to hear you are having windows! That's great news. I am too and it's such a relief.  We had a tree fall two weeks ago and it poked two holes in our bedroom ceiling.  I was sweeping gumballs out from under our bed during a power outage. It was a mini Hiroshima.  BUT, most of the immediate repair work was done in a week and the huge tree was removed from our yard. We had another storm a week afterwards with a tree down the street from us blocking the road out and power out for 33 hours. It was HOT.  But gosh I survived it all! I worked off of adrenalin for the first week, then had an ugly wave and am now back to feeling pretty darn good again.  As you well know, life doesn't stop for us to recover so I'm thinking this window is letting me know we can recover during the hard times too.  Waves will continue to come and go, I imagine but we can surely enjoy the breaks.  

Good to hear you are inching your way towards better.

Helen

Helen:   Great to hear from you.  Glad you are experiencing some relief.  Wow, you have been through the wringer with storms and downed trees.   A mini Hiroshima indeed.   Glad the repair work has been done.   Life marches on, doesn't it?    Enjoy the weekend.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, [[N...] said:

Glad to hear that decatur.  Windows are good. As long as you're moving in the right direction you should get to the other side.

Thanks, Nathan.  Yes, windows are good, and I am really encouraged right now and feel like there is some good healing going on.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone I haven't been posted in a while. I'm 39 months out iand 1 week and I'm in the worst wave of my life. It's been going on since May 1st I've had symptoms come back worse than ever and this vertigo that I have is absolutely horrific.  All the symptoms are pummeling me worse than ever. It's impossible to get through a day or night. It's really hard to use my phone or do anything I'm pretty much in agony I sure hope this is the last bad wave before something changes. Sending love to you all and hope that everyone finds themselves in a window. Hugs! LiveLife 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

LiveLife, I have checked quite a few times in the last month to see if you had posted recently, so have been very worried about you as your last post was in late July, I believe.  I am beyond devastated for you that your wave has been going on for way too long.  Have you felt a need to check in with your doctor to rule anything else out?  Is your main symptom the dizziness?  What are your other symptoms?  

There are no words to express my sorrow with your present situation, just no words.  I have just now watched a YouTube video done by Melissa Boulitier who has made many videos of her personal benzo journey, and the one she just posted is about the fact that she never really had windows, and then all of a sudden she had a window and healed rapidly from there.  She is very inspirational and gives hope to those of us who are protracted and suffering without hope.  Maybe have a look-see for some much needed hope for your eventual healing.

Big hugs and lots of love,

GG

• Like 3

@[Li...]  It is so good to hear from you, but I am so sorry about the wave you are experiencing.     I so want you to turn a corner. 

I have been in a wave since the end of April.   It has been pretty brutal, but I am starting to see some improvement.   

Hang in there!!!   You will get some relief!   Please keep us posted!!

Thinking of you!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know your age so you might not be familiar with this, but that reminds me of a SNL skit  "Daily Affirmations" w/ Stuart Smalley (Al Franken).  He always ended it with "I am smart enough.  I am good enough.  And doggone it, people like me".  If you are not familiar with it, google it.  It is pretty funny.  

• Like 2

On 03/09/2023 at 18:49, [[L...] said:

Hello everyone I haven't been posted in a while. I'm 39 months out iand 1 week and I'm in the worst wave of my life. It's been going on since May 1st I've had symptoms come back worse than ever and this vertigo that I have is absolutely horrific.  All the symptoms are pummeling me worse than ever. It's impossible to get through a day or night. It's really hard to use my phone or do anything I'm pretty much in agony I sure hope this is the last bad wave before something changes. Sending love to you all and hope that everyone finds themselves in a window. Hugs! LiveLife 

Look up Melissa’s videos live as GG mentioned. Think she goes under name of daisy girl on you tube, She is really inspiring, had really bad intrusive thoughts like I have plus other physical symptoms. Took her long time but she did recover, she was in really bad way, gives me hope on the really bad days to listen to her. I’m still not recovered so can take a while for some of us. I hope you soon get some relief xx