Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Supplement Recommendations?

[jc...]

I've searched a few posts looking for different supplement recommendations to help w/ taper. 

Is there some kind of List on the forum that has them all? 

I think it would be beneficial if there was some kind of list with them all, maybe with some information regarding their purpose, dosage, side effects, warnings...

I would be happy to help gather this information if there isn't already something like this.

Maybe even some additional information like member anecdotal experience. 

I've seen members talk about NAD, Melatonin, Magnesium, and Kava. 

The problem with supplements is what may help one person can harm another.  I’ve not seen everyone agree on any one supplement that helps everyone.

You may find what you’re looking for here. https://www.benzoinfo.com/medications-and-supplements/

We’re actually hoping to start up something like the old Alternative Therapies and Supplements group we used to have at the old forum, we just need a member to step up to run it, are you interested?

Here is the old board that’s currently archived. https://benzobuddies.org/forum/60-alternative-therapies-amp-supplements/

• Like 1

On 23/08/2023 at 20:48, [[j...] said:

I've searched a few posts looking for different supplement recommendations to help w/ taper. 

Is there some kind of List on the forum that has them all? 

I think it would be beneficial if there was some kind of list with them all, maybe with some information regarding their purpose, dosage, side effects, warnings...

I would be happy to help gather this information if there isn't already something like this.

Maybe even some additional information like member anecdotal experience. 

I've seen members talk about NAD, Melatonin, Magnesium, and Kava. 

Hi JC, welcome to the forum.

There's been a bit of a change to the forum recently and the Alternative Therapies board that dealt with supplements was archived. The replacement where your thread is now was only started yesterday, so a bit of work in progress at the moment. 

I was planning on making a post with the most commonly supplements people ask about with links to corresponding threads. But my PC has died on me typically, and I'm on my phone.

There's no 1 size fits all when it comes to supplements unfortunately, so providing information about doses and things wouldn't be possible. Some people may find magnesium helpful, where as some else could react badly to it. So always best to start with a tiny dose of anything to see how you react.

NAD seems quite popular with people, but again some have had success with it and others have had a setback. Benzolottie has journaled her experience quite well here 

and there a thread in this group about the NAD patches here.

There's nothing to my knowledge that is going to get rid of all your symptoms, neither is there something that will help everyone unfortunately. Everyone is different, but there are things that may help certain sum for some people. What symptoms are you trying to find help for?