Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Remeron/Mirtazapine?

[NY...]

Hi BB,

Have any of you tapered off Remeron/Mirtazapine and how did you go about it?

Thanks for the info,

NYClady

Im tapering opff of it now, check down at my profile to see the progress. I took it for sleep but the dosage creeped up. There IS  a withdrawral. not like benzos but still. I will soon try to eliminate the 15 mgs. I cant stop gaining weight no matter what on this stuff.

Hi what2do,

Thanks for your reply.  How are you weaning off of it?  Are you using a scale, compounding? 

Again thanks,

NYClady

I just broke the tablets according to their dosage (1/2 of a 30 mg tab is 15 mgs).

I  take it as a sleep aid.

I was taking 60 mgs! (way too much) and at first I tried to cut straight to 30 and had much difficulty with sleeping.

after that I cut 15 or even sometimes about 7mgs at a time for about a week or a little more. Now im down to 15 and im still getting less sleep but I think the 15 is working about what 30 used to do.

Ive been having a serious problem with migraine headaches and not sure but thrying to eliminate possibilities.

As far as other w/d symptoms im not sure. as im tapering, transitioning and having tolerance W/D all the time but I think there has been a bit.

are you taking it now NYClady?

Hi what2do,

Thanks for the feedback.  Yes I am currently taking 30 mgs. before bed.  I plan to taper it after I taper off my am Klonapin.

Take care,

NYClady

[ef...]

NYClady,

Yes, best to taper the Remeron.

I took Remeron for a while, but I never tapered it.

This was before my taper from Benzos.

S#

Hi Wellness,

Will do.  How are you doing these days after the quick taper of Ativan?

Thanks for info,

NYClady

Dear Wellness,

Not being able to sleep?  What do you mean by benzo brain?

Thanks for the info,

NYClady

benzo brain, that overwhelming sensation of unwellness, fatigue, and to want to it to end at all costs.