Important Survey - Please Participate ×

T3 Therapy

[Bl...]

Has anyone tried getting onto T3 slow release capsules while withdrawing from benzos. I am 6 months out and struggling to get onto a tiny dosage of 0.5 mcgs. which has been compounded for me. I have many symptoms of subclinical hypothyroidism and my bloods are low with higher TSH.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been on T3 for a long time for hypothyroidism. I've never tried slow release. I take the T3 with T4 in the am, the T3 kicks in, and T4 takes over. My pills can be divided, I'm thinking of splitting doses as I perk up in the morning, but feel sluggish by afternoon. I took both all through taper and w/d, can't say I had any issues, I certainly wasn't aware of any. My body just doesn't do a good job converting T4 to T3. I'm 4 months out from jumping from 2.75 mg diazepam with an iontophoresis NAD+ assist. 

• 2 weeks later...

Do either of you feel that your thyroid meds stimulate your nervous system making it difficult to take the meds?

I'm very hypo thyroid with a tsh of 22. I've been struggling for 10 yrs to increase my dosage to 100mgs. It's the dose I was on before this journey. Now I am only able to take half my dose because of horrid dystomia symptoms. The more I take the worst my muscle contractions are..very painful.

My doc isn't understanding of how painful these symptoms are and my endo said the levothyroxine wouldn't cause my symptoms..ugh.

In the past 10 yrs I've tried probably every thyroid med available. Armour was no help and neither were the others.

They are all just to stimulating to my CNS.

Any and all advice welcomed.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine aren't stimulating at all, I need them because I am sluggish. I was on Armour, there were some issues with dose consistency. That's when I was switched to T3 and T4. I'm hypothyroid. so that's probably why.