Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

What if there was no Benzo W/D?

[Go...]

What if there was no Benzo W/D?  It was just all in our heads b/c we are naturally afraid of everything.  We are afraid to work, to drive, to shower etc.  Afraid to try anything new, and we've just been using the benzos as an excuse?  Just reading too much online about this Benzo w/d stuff, when really we never ever had the capacity to do anything.  We were just born lazy and alone.  Nothing will ever get better because my life is a lazy waste.  There is no getting better, just agony, and fear, and laziness.

• Sad 1

I got into benzo WD after abusing them recreationally for a few weeks. I knew nothing about benzo WD, but had white knuckled it through opiate withdrawal, and SSRI's. It absolutely ruined me for months. I got better, for sure, but I'm still definitely traumatised by it. But your life does not have to be a waste my friend. You can take control.

• 2 weeks later...

This is actually an interesting topic. 

People with high anxiety do tend to ruminate, catastrophize, or become hyper vigilant. Stress levels can sky rocket when ever this happens, and can probably worsen w/d symptoms. 

To make matters worse, you can get caught in a chronic loop of this, essentially creating a downward spiral of things, like psychosomatic suffering or the nocebo effect, which quite possibly can create effects that are then blamed on benzo w/d.

And that’s when you truly have to ask yourself if what you’re experiencing are w/d symptoms, or the effects of a  nervous system on high alert.

The brain is a power thing and can probably create any scenario you manifest. 

That’s probably one reason why many people say, “Don’t read the horror stories on BB”, as it truly can heighten anxiety for many people who are already highly anxious and afraid to taper or whatever.

That extra fear and anxiety can wreak havoc on the nervous system, causing all sorts of symptoms.

Of course, some benzo w/d symptoms are common and well documented, but ignorance can be bliss for those who worry too much.

• Like 1