200 week off update

[ka...]

I have tinnitus as well @kanoba, at first, which was about 2013 (not everyone has it that long, please don't worry) but I've found it is actually getting better since my taper.  I  do quite a lot that I believe helps with any issues I have, and that is mainly nutrition and exercise.  I know not everyone is able to do what I do so I am very fortunate.  I eat a ketogenic diet, with all whole foods, no processed, no trans-fats and very low carb.  The reason I got onto that way of eating was my diagnosis of T2 Diabetes, which is in remission now, no more high numbers on blood glucose at all.  I'm a bit OCD so that probably helps me stay on track.

My health has improved so much, for the last 2.6 years, lost 30 lbs, back in size 4 pants from size 10s, lots of good things.  The best thing it's done for me is giving me the desire to taper off the Clonazepam I've been on 35 years, 1 mg, I sure must have been in tolerance withdrawal a very long time:idiot:  I'm down to 70% of my original dose, took me going on 5 months, but no hard wd sxs.  Amazingly enough, and I am 70 so it crosses my mind that I could actually have quite a bit of quality life left to live.

Sorry about the ramble, I just wanted to let you know I am here and that I understand tinnitus quite well, and have some things that really help me with it if you are interested, easy stuff, hugs, encouragement and love, Denise :hug:(y):smitten:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 8/3/2023 at 10:08 AM, [[G...] said:

Where is this, Kanoba?  

GG

central oregon, if I recall, not certain but outside Bend Oregon, the southern Oregon fires may have contributed to the pink hues?!?

• Like 1

first day back, it was the best morning of all the first day back to school but still not one hundred but all systems go to be there one day, keep hope friends

• Like 2

@[ka...] what really helped me, was to place a ticking small clock against my ear, of course now finding a clock that ticks, that is another story. But it seems to distract from the buzzing. Of course walking around with a clock near your head is not going to be a fashion statement...lol. But I think that sometimes we can find things to help a little with all we are having to deal with. I used mainly at night because it was hard to sleep with the constant buzzzzzzzzzzzz. Stay Strong, you are doing the best you can.💖Peace and Healing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi Kanoba, I hope this note finds you having a good…..or great Saturday!   I read recently that you had a very good first day of school, so I hope you will continue feeling the healing.

Hugs,

GG

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, [[[...] said:

Hi Kanoba, I hope this note finds you having a good…..or great Saturday!   I read recently that you had a very good first day of school, so I hope you will continue feeling the healing.

Hugs,

GG

Thank you for thinking of me GG. The back to school was good but always spikes symptoms. 

I’ll be carrying your thoughts of me with me this new year. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thankful that I can feel these symptoms. 

how beautiful is it to feel again and to be human 

next update 4 years off October 23 

• Like 1

Hi Kanoba, do you mean your head is throbbing?  How are you doing overall?  Where is the photo taken?

I have awakened to a bad headache and realize that the diet root beer I have been drinking for a couple of days has aspartame in it which, of course, can cause bad headaches.  Have been headache free for about three weeks, so am happy about this!

Hugs,

GG

Yes I do ..my post got caught off.. The photo is in Illinois! :0) MIss you GG, no more aspartame for a while until complete healing! Sending you hugs!!!

I hope the minutes and hours see you feeling much better.  My mornings lately have been more symptomatic, and then by afternoon a window opens and stays open all night.  Oh, such a tangled web we weave🙂♥️

• Like 1

Ur such a little trooper kanoba. ❤️ Keep pushing forward. 
I love ur photos!!! I had a pen pal when I was a kid who lived in Sutherland Oregon. She used to send me NKOTB stuff when u couldn’t get it in Australia. 😂

here’s some pics of my beach 🏖 first days of spring here x 

E55FDB21-0C00-43BD-AE52-A799A814D99D.jpeg

99B2B130-6006-42BA-BCDB-DC59FA15CA7E.jpeg

45BD9D12-53A8-4D58-9FF0-4FD0A0DBC981.jpeg

• Like 3

@[Sh...] Lovely beach pictures!  Where are you?   I lived in Sydney and Brisbane many years ago.  Had to eventually go back to the good ol' USA, but I have so many fond memories of Oz.  

@[ka...] Awww, so sorry you are struggling.   Please keep us posted.   We are rooting for you and know this will pass.

• Like 1

The Gold Coast ❤️Aww u used to live here? Amazing x

we love u kanoba! 
ps. My phone always auto corrects ur name to kanobs 😂 maybe I’ll just go with that xx