Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Any supplements that actually helps?

[PE...]

I imagine many like me reading about the holy grail, how to heal the gaba receptors. I take 800mg magnesium everynight and it's actually calms me down. I read about extreme stuff like IV some fluid from pigs brain. It's used in medicine to reverse a benzo OD. And at the same time reverse benzo tolerance. But it's a bit to extreme for me. At least at this point.

So anyone using some supplements?

Pz

We haven't worked out just yet how we plan to deal with the issue of supplements, we're hoping someone will step up to form a group, it would be similar to what we have in mind for the protracted board as described here:

In the meantime, you're free to read through the archived board to see if you can find some information however what I've seen in my years here is that what helps one, can hurt another so proceed with caution. 

Alternative Therapies & Supplements - BenzoBuddies Community Forum

On 7/22/2023 at 11:21 AM, [[C...] said:

Hi @[Na...],

Yes, the Protracted forum is 'no more'. But no, because we plan on something better! This software has a feature called 'clubs' (which we will rename 'groups'). This means that we can create a semi-autonomous support area, with its own rules (so long as they do not attempt to supersede our general guidelines), its own chat room, its own tabbed pages, its own moderation team, and the ability to control its own membership. It would still need to comply with BB's overarching philosophy and rules, but we think a semi-autonomous group could offer a lot to its members, while also not over-taxing BB's general moderation team.

We are looking for proposals from would-be group 'custodians'. The Custodian would organise their own team, and write up a short proposal for how they would run the place (its governance document, if you will). Ideally, a proposer would have already had discussions with potential moderators. I might be making this sound way more complicated that I intend. We just wish to see a short proposal from a suitable potential custodian to demonstrate that they are serious and have given it some thought.

Anyway, do you know anyone who might be interested?

PS To all members: We are looking for submissions/ideas for other groups too. The Group should be targetted enough to satisfy a need which is not met well by our general support forums. But not so narrow as to interest only a few members. This was the problem with the 'Group' (threads) at the old forum. The vast majority of the groups went nowhere or were repetitive. And the proposed group does not have to be benzo-related. Just something which will interest enough members, not detract from the main support forums, and not be at odds with BB's underlying philosophy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, [[p...] said:

I imagine many like me reading about the holy grail, how to heal the gaba receptors. I take 800mg magnesium everynight and it's actually calms me down. I read about extreme stuff like IV some fluid from pigs brain. It's used in medicine to reverse a benzo OD. And at the same time reverse benzo tolerance. But it's a bit to extreme for me. At least at this point.

So anyone using some supplements?

Pz

I take magnesium citrate powder and it seems to help. I drink Holy Basil (Tulsi) tea, too, which is an adaptogen and supposed to help with stress. Of course, it's hard to say and I don't know how it would be tolerated because everyone is different, but I haven't had any problems with the tea.

• Like 1

Thanks. I check out that tea. I also take magnesium. I also take something calls ashwagandha that has a calming effect. It's on ebay. I can really recommend it. Take it with C vitamine 

::)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [[P...] said:

We haven't worked out just yet how we plan to deal with the issue of supplements, we're hoping someone will step up to form a group, it would be similar to what we have in mind for the protracted board as described here:

In the meantime, you're free to read through the archived board to see if you can find some information however what I've seen in my years here is that what helps one, can hurt another so proceed with caution. 

Alternative Therapies & Supplements - BenzoBuddies Community Forum

That's a good idea!

Just now, [[j...] said:

@[pe...]

In line with what Pamster said already, adaptogens like Holy Basil, Ashwagandha and Bacopa may not always be without risk

See this experience with a natural supplement:

TERRI'S STORY

I will read it. Yeah that Ashwagandha seems to mimic benzo. Make more GABA and make the receptors even more lazy.

5 minutes ago, [[p...] said:

I will read it. Yeah that Ashwagandha seems to mimic benzo. Make more GABA and make the receptors even more lazy.

Wow just what i said. I wont take it no more.

Thanks

Thats why i alwsys feels better at night.

Mom bought some super expensive sleep supplement tabs containing it to.

I was a phenibut junkie for six years. Up to 20g a day. Also sold as a harmful supplement. Withdrawal was a nightmare but after a month it just stopped. It totally changed my personality. Like lyrica on steroids but with a amphetamine effect at the same time. Amazing for sleeping.  I mixed it with meth and did so many bad choices. It made me totally reckless.

On 7/26/2023 at 12:56 PM, [[p...] said:

Thanks. I check out that tea. I also take magnesium. I also take something calls ashwagandha that has a calming effect. It's on ebay. I can really recommend it. Take it with C vitamine 

::)

Oh! I left that one out! I have Ashwagandha from Banyan Botanicals. I started taking it after attending an Ayurvedic retreat. It helps, too! 

I think the biggest problem is that we all suffer from different benzo side effects, so there’s no “one size fits all” when it comes to supplements.

If all you’re suffering from is extra anxiety, then there’s a ton of stuff for that.

If it’s insomnia, then there are also supplements for that as well (magnesium glycinate, valerian root, l-theanine, etc.)

The real problem is when people experience the more extreme issues, not to mention that we’re all different, so it’s really just trial and error.

I’ve been really curious about other medications and supplements, like Agmatine, and certain vitamins.

I dunno. I think it’s all a shot in the dark thanks to our genetics and chemistry.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2023 at 2:39 AM, [[J...] said:

Oh! I left that one out! I have Ashwagandha from Banyan Botanicals. I started taking it after attending an Ayurvedic retreat. It helps, too! :thumbsup:

Glad it works for you.

What do you think of this, an experience with another ayurvedic  supplement:

TERRI'S STORY

12 hours ago, [[j...] said:

Glad it works for you.

What do you think of this, an experience with another ayurvedic  supplement:

TERRI'S STORY

Interesting! I'll have to look into that, as well as the holy basil tea. I have not personally experienced any problems - quite the opposite but we're all different - when I went into chemo, however, I stopped taking the ashwagandha. When I got a break from chemo I took it again, but now I'll be stopping as I am starting treatment again. Thank you for alerting me to this. I really had no idea it might be an issue.

Hey! ^-^

I use CBD , it helps a bit (no wonder cure sadly) with the muscle pains, anxiety and the insomania ^^

Msm seems to help too for me.

Also I take a bunch of vitamins, minerals and omega 3.

I think vitamin D+k2 (most people have a deficit), the b vitamins, vit c and minerals (natrual basic poweder is great) are very important and usefull.

Eating less industrial food aka inflammatory foods helps alot , with paleo it was better but when I went  completely off benzos I start eating tons of pastries :')

• 1 month later...

I totally get where you're coming from! It's essential to explore natural options before considering extreme measures like pig brain fluid. Personally, I've found some relief in practicing wall Pilates exercises and focusing on a balanced diet. Every little bit helps! 😊

Edited by [Od...]