Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Acupuncture?

[Ga...]

I recently had several acupuncture treatments and I feel as though it has brought on a major wave!  The last session a week ago concentrated on needling my neck where the occipital nerves are, and also my jaw area.  Headaches have increased and my GI symptoms have flared up.  I am at 40 months post taper from a one year use of Valium.  Thanks for any feedback!

GG

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey GG, sorry to see you didn't get any feedback. 

I'm just having a search now, as considering acupuncture for my head pressure. Don't really fancy a setback though 😁 

How are you doing now? Hope it was a short-lived flare

@[Ga...] I hope you're feeling better now. I've had acupuncture while I was tapering but didn't feel like you do. However, acupuncture is supposed to sort of "unclog" our energy pathways and help balance our qi (chi), so it doesn't surprise me that when it does it conflicts with our already taxed nervous system. It could be that the acupuncture is working and you're reacting but will settle down as your qi is brought back into balance. Be sure to talk to your practitioner about your symptoms. I really hope you're feeling much better!

Jess