Crashed on new Klonopin generic. Liquid switch a possible solution?

[mi...]

I posted the other day, but wanting to narrow down one point. Four weeks ago I had to switch my K prescription from Accord to Teva since Accord isn't currently producing the generic. A lot of people have mentioned that Teva was much more potent for them and is sort of the gold standard for generics. I know that everyone is different, but here is my question. If K is K, and the only different is binders/fillers, does that mean it comes down to absorption of these pills in terms of whether someone tolerates or not. Accord did the job for me, no real issues other than the usual, on Teva I feel a constant cycle between deep depression, akathisia, panic, crying, muscle pain. My brain feels fully engaged with scary stimulation and I feel like I must have just stopped taking the drug. Im afraid of everything. It's terrifying. I sat in my room yesterday with my wife and just screamed and grabbed my head and said make it stop, everything is just too much. All from a branch switch.

Some people have no issues with brand changes, I get that, but my wife and I noticed when cutting and weighing these pills (I'm current on .174mg K), that the Accord would disintegrate with very little pressure, but the Teva is hard as a rock and more difficult to cut. Could it be that the Teva just wasn't breaking down the same way in my stomach due to the hard tablet and therefore my body absorbed it differently and it didn't work as well, thereby explaining my horrible withdrawal I find myself in after a year of relative stability?

Last night we made the choice to switch to liquid homebrew using whole milk. Less than an hour after I took my dose I felt an overwhelming sense of calming come over me and my depression lifted and I felt whole. Note, I never feel K just kick in, so it was notable. It was so weird, but so amazing. I haven't been able to think or focus or do anything for days and for a half hour I checked my emails, got some work done. It was awesome. It let up a bit afterwards, and I had some insomnia and night sweats, but i didn't panic last night. I woke up this morning and didn't feel amazing, but didn't feel the same dread I've been feeling.

One night is not a real sample size, but I'm wondering if the liquid helps some beyond just precision, but also making the drug readily absorbed more easily in the gut, thereby making it more available. Like, does liquid homebrew free the pure K to do it's thing and the binders/fillers just become inconsequential bits of matter floating in the milk that no longer effects how the drug is utilized by the body since they are now separated from the pure K? Does this sound plausible. Does liquid homebrew effectively eliminate the differences between generics since the only difference (binders/fillers) are now separated from the K itself?

I mean, I've heard all the theories of people saying some generics have more K than others, but I don't buy that personally. (You may disagree and that's ok). If it is different I don't think it's enough to throw me into full acute-like symptoms like this. I've had this happen with supplements before benzos, where one would work wonderfully and I'd change brands or whatever and the other one just didn't work and I'd even feel lousy until I switched back. It's not all in my head because sometimes I wasn't aware of the switch until afterwards. I'm in the more sensitive than most camp, but this is real and scary, so I just want some feedback.

Also, lastly, let's say that liquid agrees with my body and absorbs better. I had a positive first impression with it even though it wasn't perfect. It still takes time for truly stabilization to kick in if you "fix" the absorption problem right? I mean I am completely destabilized this last month, scariest thing every. But I felt a glimmer of hope last night and wondering what to expect in terms of timeframe to stabilize in cases like this. I know it varies, but looking for personal accounts. Thank you all!

Thanks for bringing this issue up, that’s an interesting observation.  I almost want to move your post to Chewing the Fat so you can get a good discussion going, see what others think.