Sharp pain in head… scared!

[ho...]

So I had a random pain towards the back of my head that was fast and sharp but it’s still lingering and with my normal head pressure I don’t know if I should continue freaking out and run to er or take it as “normal”….. anyone else have this happen?!

I believe what you are experiencing is called a brain zap, I had them in acute a few times but they passed.  They are painful but harmless.  Are you on any other meds?  Drinking alcohol ? Caffeine will also spike your sx.

I believe what you are experiencing is called a brain zap, I had them in acute a few times but they passed.  They are painful but harmless.  Are you on any other meds?  Drinking alcohol ? Caffeine will also spike your sx.

Not at all! I am almost 5 years  into this with a few setbacks and I haven’t touched alcohol, caffeine, no meds, sugar, gluten, processed foods… I’m by the book.

I’ve never experienced brain zaps… interesting

I've had this happen before.  Typically it happens to me after eating.  For me it feels like a brain lighting strike for a moment.  Then it sort of lingers in a less intense way than intially.  If it is in fact a "brain zap", which might be a little different that's a serotonin thing that actually isn't harmful.  Its more commonly associated with anti-depressant discontinuation than benzos.