Misperceptions

[Ze...]

I’m just reaching out to see if anyone out there could share their experience of misperceptions with me. I’ve been having a bit of an intensification of symptoms lately and a major one has been an increase in this thing happening where it’s as if my mind predicts the objects it’s about to see incorrectly. For instance, I’ll walk into my bedroom, expecting to see my wife in there, and my eyes will see the lamp but for a moment it appears as my wife before reverting back to its usual lamp status. I’m starting to get less freaked out by this as it’s become more commonplace but I’m curious as to others experience with this symptom. It can be a bit anxiety provoking at times, for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
Wow, I would imagine this would cause anxiety so I’m glad you’re getting somewhat accustomed to it.  I don’t have experience with this phenomenon but I don’t doubt for a bit the power of these drugs and the monumental task your brain is doing to repair the damage done. 

Hi ZeroPoint,

Thanks for posting about this. I haven't seen a post like this before which is interesting, because I can relate.

I have similarities but also differences. So... I'll walk in a room and out of the corner of my eye I will *think* I see something/someone, but it's different than what my mind 'tells' me it is. So for example, I'll walk in the bedroom and a heavy sweatshirt is hanging on a hanger in the rollling rack/wordrobe in the corner. My mind 'tells me' it's a person. I turn my head and look - it is of course, NOT a person, but a heavy sweatshirt on a hangar.

Different than what you're experiencing but my mind is 'playing' tricks on me. I've noticed, the closer I get to the end of my taper, the more this happens. Hope this helps... Hang in there.