How to distinguish between injury and withdrawal?

[La...]

Hi, new member, I have been finding reassurance reding forum posts for the paaty three months, as after a ct I feel very alone and misunderstood and I found consolation here.

Short history. Short time user low dose valium 5mg, on and off for six months.

Was prescribed valium for a minor calf injury, then started having spasms in all other parts of body after stopping (which I didn't  realize it was from stopping) got major anxiety tinnitus, blurry vision, and massive weight loss. Started going around doctors which put me on valium again. Got even worse, my muscles were so tight that I hurt my achilles, then I went to chiro and got hurt there brcause pulling on rigid muscles tears them, then started pt, got hurt from stretches and my whole body was burning from trying to exercise.

Anyways, I am off ct for 3 months. Most of the symptoms are gone except for muscle spasms and anxiety because I feel like my body is crushing me and I have lost control of how I walk. My question is how do I distinguish what is an actual injury and what is wd, as I keep ruminating and trying to fix myself and I feel like I am hurting myself more in the process.

Hello and welcome to the forum!

It’s very strange that you were put  on Valium for a calf  injury. There are much better ways to deal with injuries that don’t involve a strong medication, like Valium.

At this point it might be hard to distinguish between withdrawal and injury. Benzos are very efficient muscle relaxers and when taken away, it can take a while for the muscles to learn to relax naturally.

At this point,if it were me, I’d likely stop PT, chiropractic and stretches and just be gentle with my body right now. Some things that might help would be ice and heat. Some people have gotten relief using epsom salts as well.

Are you completely off Valium now?

pianogirl  :smitten:

Thank you for the welcome  :smitten:

Yes I am completelly off of valium just under 3 months. My biggest concern is that I was a very flexible person before all this, but now I can't squat, I am limping, my whole right side feels dropped, my muscles don't fire off properly, and my spine is burning in several places. And before all this I healed really quickly and now I feel like I keep injuring myself just by trying to do normal day things if I am not really careful. I had other symptoms that gradually disappeared or lessened, but the muscle thing is just adding up and making me really anxious ( I did have spine mri, and it seems fine, but my spine juat feels off, some vertebrae are sticking out too much, my hips seem really misaligned, one is visibly higher, ribs seem off etc) I keep trying to persuade myself it's just muscles pulling on them, but I juat feel injured and keep wanting to try and fix that. Quite obdessively so at tumes. At least I am not losing any more weight as I am wearing children size 13 clothes at the moment  :-\

Oh well at least I can wear clothes that my kid outgrows 😂( I am 37 btw)