ativan taper help

[Fl...]

Doc put me on ativan May 25, I avoided it til May 28, but I've taken 2mg once a day at night every night since, for a total of like 29 days. Do I need to taper and if so, how should I do it? I have an appointment with my doctor on Monday and I want to express to her that I no longer feel anxious or panicky enough to get off this stuff, but that I also am very apprehensive about getting off the stuff.

Hello  Flampnazzle :)

Welcome to BenzoBuddies!  I would taper,  you will get plenty of support to help you through this.  It’s generally advised to reduce between 5/10% 10/14 days  you can go a little quicker/slower. I would taper at a rate you feel comfortable with..

If you check out the Ashton Manual, you will find It is a valuable resource for learning about benzos and the effect these drugs have on our body.

I'll leave you  a couple of links:

The Ashton Manual

Ativan Tapering Thread

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita