Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Do your symptom emerge nonstop while you are in acute wave?

[Ka...]

Stress caused me acute symptoms, and 24 hours has passed but they are nonstop. Is it common that symptoms emerge nonstop or subside sometimes while you are in acute wave? i'd appreciate your experiences.

Stress will do it every time Kay.  :sick:

My adult daughter has schizophrenia and have recently had to adopt a No Contact approach.  She has heaps of support from mental health services as well as her own children. I cannot do it anymore if I expect to ever get well.

She screams and abuses me each time I try to put a boundary down, or even say No. Blames me for everything.  The stress has been phenomenal,  :crazy: and she will not accept she has a mental illness.  Refuses medication.  I have to take care of myself now. 

I think I've been in constant fight/flight/symptoms 24/7 and can only say stress it what has kept me there. 

24 hours of symptoms following stress is definitely not uncommon.  It will settle once you remove the stress, and that's exactly what I've had to do. 

Take care. 

Dee x

I am sorry to read that, deadwoodgone. I have family stress,too! My sister has depression, and her words were so abusive that my symptoms worsened all the time!! and now new stress has stoke me one after another, which is really touch to deal with during w/d!! Thank you for telling me that it is not uncommon. It means a lot to me knowing that im not alone in this. Hope your stress will be relieved as soon as possible...❤️